Pioneer Elite 55txi
Sub Velodyn Spl8

paul_pci
02-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Any Input
Other Equipment
Pioneer Elite 55txi
Sub Velodyn Spl8

For what it's worth: Last week or so I was listening to some M&K's at a audio shop and was unimpressed, both by the $350/pr and $750/pr models (forgot the numbers). No real extened highs, kinda bright, ugly, ugly speakers. Last year or so, I listened to some floorstanding Boston Acoustics at this other store, I think $1500/pr. Very impressed, very warm and musical. I wanted to just sink into their seat and let the world disappear. I dont' know if that is helpful, but there you have it.

LMB
02-22-2005, 09:44 AM
For what it's worth: Last week or so I was listening to some M&K's at a audio shop and was unimpressed, both by the $350/pr and $750/pr models (forgot the numbers). No real extened highs, kinda bright, ugly, ugly speakers. Last year or so, I listened to some floorstanding Boston Acoustics at this other store, I think $1500/pr. Very impressed, very warm and musical. I wanted to just sink into their seat and let the world disappear. I dont' know if that is helpful, but there you have it.

I'M LEANING TOWARDS THE BOSTONS

nightflier
02-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I second paul's comments. I auditioned the VRB's and have to say they are a very warm, rich sounding speaker. Very impressed. The MTX speakers seem harsh and uncontrolled to my ears. It's matter of preference, though, 'cause I have a friend who really likes the higher-end MTX stuff. He listens to a lot of rock & hip-hop, whereas I'm more of a classical-jazz type, so that may explain some of it. Anyhow, it depends what you're looking for.

LMB
02-23-2005, 02:48 PM
I second paul's comments. I auditioned the VRB's and have to say they are a very warm, rich sounding speaker. Very impressed. The MTX speakers seem harsh and uncontrolled to my ears. It's matter of preference, though, 'cause I have a friend who really likes the higher-end MTX stuff. He listens to a lot of rock & hip-hop, whereas I'm more of a classical-jazz type, so that may explain some of it. Anyhow, it depends what you're looking for.

Thanks nightflier for your info