And yet another comp rears its ugly head. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : And yet another comp rears its ugly head.

Finch Platte
02-21-2005, 08:47 AM
From stuff I've gotten over the past couple of weeks. Let me know if you'd like to hear it.

Rip You A New One
Song/band

1) Unnoticeable- An Angle
2) Letter Read- Rachael Yamagata
3) Forever My Friend- Ray LaMontagne
4) Nothing Better (Styrofoam remix)- The Postal Service (from the We Will Become Silhouettes EP, previously unreleased. http://www.styro.be/ )
5) I Woke Up With This Song In My Head This Morning- Bright Eyes (lifted off the Lua EP, previously unreleased)
6) Mission Responsible- Michael Tolcher
7) Empires- The Snake The Cross The Crown
8) Ghosts Of Baltimore- Liars Academy
9) Under Heaven's Skies- Collective Soul
10) The Bucket- Kings Of Leon (I still can't get this disc. Not officially released until tomorrow. Everyone's got it but me. :confused: )
11) This Love (accoustic/live)- Maroon 5 (from the import version of Songs About Jane)
12) Marvelous Things- Eisley AllMusic sez: A quintet featuring three sisters, their brother, and their best friend, Tyler, TX's Eisley formed in 1997 when the DuPree siblings guitarist Chauntelle, singer/guitarist Sherri, singer/keyboardist Stacy, and drummer Weston began playing with bassist Jon Wilson. Originally called the Towheads, the band began playing local gigs the following year, when Stacy was just eight years old. Over the next five years, the band wrote and played, expanding their touring area to the Dallas-Fort Worth region and ultimately winning a 2003 Best New Act Award from the Dallas Observer. A few months later, the group released their debut EP, Laughing City, on the indie imprint Record Collection, and toured that spring and summer with Coldplay and Ron Sexsmith. The Marvelous Things EP arrived later in 2003, and early in 2005, their first full-length, Room Noises, arrived.
13) Blowin' In The Wind- Don Carlos (From Is It Rolling Bob?, a various artist reggae tribute to Bob Dylan)
14) Original Of The Species- U2 (from ...Atomic Bomb)
15) California- Low
16) Pathetic Justice- Codeseven (when these guys first formed, apparently, they were a death metal act. You wouldn't know it by this track).
17) The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores- Morrissey (thanks, nobody. Why don't you answer my PM?)
18) The Symphony of Blase- Anberlin (from their new Never Take Friendship Personal)
19) Bleeding Hearts- Pitty Sing
20) Apples And Oranges- Dogs Die In Hot Cars (like XTC? You'll love this).
21) The Porpoise Song- And They Will Know You By the Trail Of Dead (from the Worlds Apart advance EP. Not on the WA disc.).

fp

Dave_G
02-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Send my copy to Bryan.

BTW your 2 Transatlantic comps should be in your mailbox anyday now.

Regards,

Dave

Finch Platte
02-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Send my copy to Bryan.

BTW your 2 Transatlantic comps should be in your mailbox anyday now.

Regards,

Dave

Heh heh.

Thanks, DeeGee.

fp

Finch Platte
02-21-2005, 09:48 AM
That was quick.

Thanks, Mr. Moderator. ;)

fp

Davey
02-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Nice cover!

Well, good use of fonts anyway. Hey, I want one....I'll pm you my info. Thanks.

Finch Platte
02-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Nice cover!

Well, good use of fonts anyway. Hey, I want one....I'll pm you my info. Thanks.

Uh. I'm getting this when I try to reply to your PM: Davey has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

You like that font? It's called Freight Train. :D

fp

Davey
02-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Uh. I'm getting this when I try to reply to your PM: Davey has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Sorry, space now.

Freight Train font, eh? Isn't that the one that automatically inserts bad grammar and spelling errors and turns your writing into a load of childish gobbledygook? Or is that the Davey font? :D