We seem to have a pretty popular forum here... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : We seem to have a pretty popular forum here...

MindGoneHaywire
11-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Just took a look & there were over 150 posts in Rave Recs so far, which is nearly 5 times more than any other forum on the site. Which surprises me, because the General board has always outstripped RR on posts so far as I can tell. But...I'm not surprised that the numbers would bear out that this forum has a very decent-sized core group of active posters, even with the decline the forum has seen over the past year or two.

Swish
11-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Just took a look & there were over 150 posts in Rave Recs so far, which is nearly 5 times more than any other forum on the site. Which surprises me, because the General board has always outstripped RR on posts so far as I can tell. But...I'm not surprised that the numbers would bear out that this forum has a very decent-sized core group of active posters, even with the decline the forum has seen over the past year or two.

We thought they'd never end.

Feanor
11-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Strictly personally, I would like more coverage of classical music. Tastes around here a pretty philistine however. :ciappa:

ForeverAutumn
11-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Strictly personally, I would like more coverage of classical music. Tastes around here a pretty philistine however. :ciappa:

Yeah, we're all savages. ;)

I general enjoy classical music when I hear it. And I've had a fair amount of exposure to it from a very young age. My Mom has always listened to classical music so I heard a lot of it as a kid. And the Toronto Symphony Orchestra does a children's series of concerts that she used to take me to many, many, many years ago. Yet, it's never been something that I've seeked out on my own. I don't know why that is.

audio amateur
11-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Yeah, we're all savages. ;)

I general enjoy classical music when I hear it. And I've had a fair amount of exposure to it from a very young age. My Mom has always listened to classical music so I heard a lot of it as a kid. And the Toronto Symphony Orchestra does a children's series of concerts that she used to take me to many, many, many years ago. Yet, it's never been something that I've seeked out on my own. I don't know why that is.
I enjoy it more & more but I have to say that I am very picky/selective. Some pieces can really grab me wheras a lot I just don't care for.

Finch Platte
11-28-2008, 09:13 AM
I've got about as much use for classical as I do for persimmons and Richard Simmons and a simonizer (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Simonizer) and Simply Red and simplexes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplex)

:17: <------apt.

fp

02audionoob
11-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Classical music is ok but I really prefer the Jonas Brothers.

Swish
11-28-2008, 11:08 AM

...fall asleep. It gets me yawning with excitement. That Itzhak Perlman can really rip it man.

ForeverAutumn
11-28-2008, 11:54 AM
OMG! Feanor was right! :yikes:

Auricauricle
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Speak feryerself, Feanbean an' Stillfall! :)