test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar

Where to buy vinyl online?

Anyone have any experience with any of the various online shops that sell used (and new) vinyl? I am looking for some more places to look for vinyl and I want to find some that offer reasonable prices (and shipping prices), good quality and a good rating system for condition of used vinyl.

The local record shop has closed their good location and consolidated to one location and it's simply not the nice place to browse that it used to be. I'd really like to give them my business but it's not worth it any more.

Also, I'd like to stick to places in North America please (US preferably).

Quote Originally Posted by emorphien
    Anyone have any experience with any of the various online shops that sell used (and new) vinyl? I am looking for some more places to look for vinyl and I want to find some that offer reasonable prices (and shipping prices), good quality and a good rating system for condition of used vinyl.

The local record shop has closed their good location and consolidated to one location and it's simply not the nice place to browse that it used to be. I'd really like to give them my business but it's not worth it any more.

Also, I'd like to stick to places in North America please (US preferably).
    See this thread:

Analog questions
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDONH
    See this thread:

Analog questions
    Ahh thanks. I thought I remember there being a thread but I didn't fine it when I serached.

Forum Regular
    I have had good luck with this one - http://www.sonicrec.com/search.asp - conservative grading, prices seem reasonable, and shipping is quick. Also, when I had a problem, a real person responded via email and was more than willing to take back an unsatisfactory item for credit. Now, off on a "gruv glide" tangent - 2 records which initially skipped after a thorough cleaning and gruv glide treatment seemed to "relax" as someone else put it, and after some days passed now play flawlessly and with less audible "scratchiness". I know, I know, it seems impossible to me too!

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

records by mail

http://www.recordsbymail.com/

this is a great source, i have excellent luck and service from craig.
    ...regards...tr

http://www.caprirecords.com/

Ask for Tom, he has just about everything, especially Jazz. He offers Moneyback Guarantee. Ask him a question and he can turn you on to so much stuff.

Tell him you were referred by Hero, he'll hook you up no problem

Oh, you would have to call him. Trust me it is worth it, he doesnt not sell junk records, prices are good too.

Forum Regular
    I heard of a place called music direct.com I have never bought any thing from
    them

Quote Originally Posted by Fuente
    I heard of a place called music direct.com I have never bought any thing from
    them
    musicdirect and acousticsounds have a lot, I'm still looking at other places trying to see what has good, affordable used vinyl.

It sucks that the local shops are deteriorating to the point that there's no fun in browsing their collection.

Thread Information