Forum Regular

need an ac adapter/power cord for Thorens TD170

I am looking for a new power cord for my Thorens TD 170. I can't seem to find mine. I have my suspicions about my ex-roommate who just moved out, but anyway, does anyone know where I could find a new one?

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by agtpunx40
    I am looking for a new power cord for my Thorens TD 170. I can't seem to find mine. I have my suspicions about my ex-roommate who just moved out, but anyway, does anyone know where I could find a new one?
    ...if it uses one of the standard DC connectors and 12VDC or less there are a few adapters, all user configurable, available even at places like Wal-mart...

If it's proprietary or somehow oddball Thorens may be your only choice...or you could hunt down your former roomie like the common cur that he/she is and threaten them with severe physical harm...

jimHJJ(...Wal-mart's the easiest...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    My Thorens TD 290 used an adapter that if memory serves was 16 volts. It should be printed by the opening for the adapter. Radio Shack sells adapters in a wide variety of outputs and they should be able to help.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information