Forum Regular

Some problems with my AP-206, again!

Been a bit down on the vinyl-side but today I went by the Copenhagen Record Fair and got myself some nice records. O'jays, The Gap Band, Blood Sweat & Tears and that usual funky-stuff. When i got home and startet playing some of ther records on my player i found out that the further my pickup gets to the center of the turntable, it begins to repeat-itself (don't know the english word for this) but it's the same problem i had earlier but now it's just going off when i'm at the last songs on a side. I have made a few changes with my pickup, but i can't make it give more weight on the record and it still keeps "klicking". Any thoughts?

Cheerio!

Audio Enthusiast
    Judging from your description, It sound much like there is something obstructing the free movement of your tonearm towards the center of your record.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Supervillain] I have made a few changes with my pickup, but i can't make it give more weight on the record and it still keeps "klicking". Any thoughts? ...it's the same problem i had earlier but now it's just going off when i'm at the last songs on a side.

[QUOTE]

So, are you saying that the arm resets itself once it reaches the inner grooves? Need to know what you mean by going off. It was sounding like it could be an issue solved with VTF/anti-skate, but if the arm is reseting it's a bit more complicated...in the meantime, ensure that your cartridge is aligned and arm is balanced correctly.

Thread Information