• 02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
    pauly5253
    Rega Planar 3 Turntable speed
    My Rega Turntable is barely rotating at switch on - would this be a motor problem?
  • 02-01-2007, 12:06 AM
    icarus
    Its very possible that it is a motor issue, but it is also possible that your belt might be slipping/loose causing you table to still rotate, but very slowly.
  • 02-02-2007, 12:35 AM
    pauly5253
    Dear Icarus thankyou for your reply.The belt has been changed recently and the flywhheel is clean as is the platter.The table initially gets going OK - after a while- then slows to a very slow speed after about an hour.Sorry about not being more specific in yesterdays question.Thanks again
  • 02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
    JohnMichael
    I would take off the belt and spin the platter to make sure the main bearing has lubricant. If it is the motor Rega offers a new rigidly mounted motor to bring the table up to the P3 standards. I am sure you could order it from the Rega distributor in your area and replace the motor. The new motor is supposed to have much less vibration so it can be hard mounted to the plinth so there is not the tiny speed changes from the movement of a soft mounted motor.
  • 02-17-2014, 06:18 AM
    ducakrugs
    could also be that the plastic spinner is lose on top of the motor......Tiny amount of superglue will fix this.....