Forum Regular

Record clamps/weights for a Technics DD?

Are any of you using them? Opinions? If recommended where to buy?

Yes I use a record clamp. But to tell you the truth, I can't tell the difference in using it and not....but have not really did a test either way. But they are not hard to find, here is one such place....Record Clamps.

And I did purchase one from here that was nice...Bren1 Record Clamp - Home
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    I've got a few slightly warped LP's and wondered if one would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist View Post
    I've got a few slightly warped LP's and wondered if one would help?
    Personally I've never seen one that would flatten out an LP...but I have read reports where others say they have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

My experience has been like frenchmon's...I have not seen one that would flatten a warp. One way to approximate the effect of one is to put a cocktail glass centered on the label. It obviously takes some care to get it centered, but not too bad.

Forum Regular
    I think I'll make one using a 45 rpm adapter and whatever will fit over it. Maybe a metal shot glass etc. filled with lead shot and candle wax?

I've read where guys where stacking bricks wrapped in cloth on top of albums and leaving them in the hot sun.....they said it works.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    I've read where guys where stacking bricks wrapped in cloth on top of albums and leaving them in the hot sun.....they said it works.
    This works for larger warps. I have used two plates of glass and weights to sandwich the album. I usually leave the vinyl in the jacket liner tho.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Thread Information