Suspended

Quieter background

I recently tried out upgrading my power cords on various audio components I have. I really didn't expect much but was shocked to hear some very big improvements. I didn't try a variety of brands just a $199. Transparent verses the stock cord. It greatly improved the sound of cd. It made it more natural sounding and took away what I can only describe as glare. The reason for my post here is the improve gained when I put the upgraded cord on my AcousTech phono stage. This is a very good phono stage but with the upgrade the background was so much more quieter and dark I could actually hear more detail from the recording coming through. My findings caused a firestorm of debate on the "cable" forum, all I can say is give it a try if you think what I heard is something you may be interested in. I definitly heard improvements in my system and have put one of these upgraded cords on all my components that allows an upgrade. The difference was more subtle on my amp but very apparent on all source components. I feel strongly that the $199. price was easily worth the gain in sound quality I experienced. I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried this or the results you come up with when you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried this or the results you come up with when you try it.
    You are not alone. We can both enjoy the derision spewed by the theorists here. I use both an aftermarket (but relatively inexpensive) power cord and a Monster HTS-1000 for use with my turntable. I enjoy the same lowered noise floor with my low output MC cartridge. Now the perceived noise level with ear placed against speaker with phono set to full gain is zilch. Using a low ouput MC cartridge to boot. It is only with the turntable, however, that I find benefit to using a power conditioner. I also use a JPS Labs digital AC with my CDP. It uses RF networks at both ends and employs a RFI resistant shielded layer (UL listed of course, Skeptic) that runs the length of the cord.

rw

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

more acceptance can be found at AAs cable forum

which is regularly derided on the AR cable forum. it seems some of them have personal vendettas toward jon risch. jon recommends all sorts of diy wiring arrangements.

i personally havent investigates the power cord thing but my amp and preamp dont have iec cabling. power conditioning either. maybe one day, i live in the LA area so it could be an issue.

god knows i was nipped at by the chihuahuas at ar cable forum many times, usually by the same pups that dont think sacd is superior to rbcd.
    ...regards...tr

Thread Information