AR Newbie Registered Member

problem with Thorens td-240 turntable

hi everybody.

i have a Thorens td-240 turntable with TP21 tonearm and AT95E cartridge. Both are adjusted as indicated in the manual, tracking and the anti-skating at 1.5.
    I was about 6 months without using it and now I've moved I've tried with my Denon pma-500 amplifier. When i´m playing an vinyl certain frequencies sound saturated, with a sound of "fried egg"

I changed the cartridge, I tried with another amp and speakers, and the problem continues. I do not know it is due. failure to adjust the arm? problem of turntable?

please can you help me?

thanks a lot

Forum Regular
    it could be the interconnects from the turntable to the amplifier. try new wires. regards. ron.

What is your level of experience with adjusting the tracking force? It's easy to misunderstand. I'd suggest acquiring a tracking force gauge.

In the meantime, could you confirm that when you set the tracking force you followed the procedure of rotating the weight to a point where the arm balances to exactly horizontal and then rotating the numbered dial to zero before turning the counterweight and dial to 1.5?

Thread Information