Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Sounds like you are already on top of it as to binding posts, many early speaker manufacturers built some terrific speakers and then cheaped out on the binding posts.

I am a 51 year old leftover hippie, we use to really love sitting back and listening to our favorite bands. (that was then, this is now) I do Research and Development in a Midwest bakery factory. What little knowledge I have regarding gear is through personal experience and reading on the boards, I am active on 3 other boards and am a Moderator on one of them, and a member of others but not active. I have two kids that are for the most part raised. I enjoy my gear and music as well as hunting, fishing, motorcyles and beer. I listen to a lot of various types of music, from Grateful Dead to Henry Mancini, you never know where the mood will take you.

Jim
    Fairchild 412-1B SME arm Pickering XSV-3000
    Thorens Weight
    GAS Thoebe
    Grant Fidelity B-283
    California Audio Labs Delta Transport
    Paradesea DAC
    DBX-3BX-DS
    Sansui TU-7700
    Adcom 585
    Hafler Pro 500
    Tara Labs Cable
    Legacy Classic's

Tube system Scott 299B, Thorens TD-160, Klipsch Heresy's

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eck
    Sounds like you are already on top of it as to binding posts, many early speaker manufacturers built some terrific speakers and then cheaped out on the binding posts.

I am a 51 year old leftover hippie, we use to really love sitting back and listening to our favorite bands. (that was then, this is now) I do Research and Development in a Midwest bakery factory. What little knowledge I have regarding gear is through personal experience and reading on the boards, I am active on 3 other boards and am a Moderator on one of them, and a member of others but not active. I have two kids that are for the most part raised. I enjoy my gear and music as well as hunting, fishing, motorcyles and beer. I listen to a lot of various types of music, from Grateful Dead to Henry Mancini, you never know where the mood will take you.

Jim
    Aha, who doesn't like to partake and enjoy some hi-fi? No one that I know. I am like you when it comes to music, I listen based on mood. I actually once tried to organize my CD collection based on this, but overall it wasn't very good, didn't work out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information