Old-Type Connectors.

Printable View

• 01-17-2004, 03:53 PM
    joel2762
    Old-Type Connectors.
    Hello Everyone. I'm not sure anyone will know about this but i'll try anyway. Unfortunatly, The only amp I have in my house that can drive my home-made speakers is an old Grundig Tuner/Record/Tape player I got off someone down in my basement. Okay that's fine it works good. But. It's old and Doesn't have any RCA inputs, etc. All it has is a mic input and another identical cassette input on the back. They each have 5 different pin holes for the proper connector. I was thinking that I might be able to just stick wires in the appropriate hole and wire it up to a cd player, but I'm not sure which different hole is for. All help appreciated! Thatnks in advance.
  • 01-17-2004, 08:11 PM
    markw
    They are DIN connectors, an european standard.
    Adapters are available (Radio Shack?) that will allow you to use RCA connectors.

No, I don't know what wire goes where.
  • 01-17-2004, 08:50 PM
    hifitommy
    DIN connectors
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw
    Adapters are available (Radio Shack?) that will allow you to use RCA connectors.

No, I don't know what wire goes where.

just ask of din connectors or adaptors, the wiring is standard, ins and outs all in one.

much more than this i cant elaborate on. try audioasylum.com. many knowledgeable people there.
  • 01-18-2004, 04:08 AM
    joel2762
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help, I'll have a look at RadioShack.