• 03-25-2009, 08:26 AM
    brownieboy
    New Roxy Music vinyls from Capitol
    Just learned of the limited release of these 180g vinyls, from the "Capitol vaults..." Does anyone know if they are being pressed straight from the masters? You know the drill: New vinyls, great pressings, audiophile quality, etc. -- But if they're not coming from the original masters, better not bother.

I'm still waiting for an explanation from 4 Men with Beards and their impresentable "high-quality 180g audiophile vinyl" pressings of Scott Walker's first four LPs, which sound worse than the CD remasters and exhibit crackling from here to San Francisco. Wonder if I'm going to encounter the same lousy job on these Roxy LPs.

Should that be the case, does anyone know if Roxy Music have enjoyed any other high-quality (SACD? DVD-A?) remastering of their classic catalogue?
  • 03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
    Auricauricle
    Not sure, but I seem to recall a reissue of RM's debut album being released not long ago. I thought EG released it, and it was pretty darn good sounding....(But then again, one would not expect anything less from that outfit).
  • 03-25-2009, 02:07 PM
    brownieboy
    Thanks. Totally agree on the Roxy Music appraisal...