My next Turntable!

Printable View

• 01-11-2009, 01:55 PM
    JohnMichael
    My next Turntable!
    VPI has announced their 30th Anniversary turntable. The price looks good as does the table. I am anxious to read some reviews. Art Dudley has one and I look forward to his opinion. I have read that having the motor, spindle bearing and tonearm pivot in a line is good design so I have high hopes. Here is a link.

http://www.vpiindustries.com/products_classic.htm

As soon as some property sells the Rega might have a big brother. I would love to mount the Benz MC Gold in that rig and then into a new phono pre-amp. Oh well maybe something to look forward to one day.
  • 01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
    RGA
    It should be quite good - Art has good taste and VPI has a good reputation - I like their cleaning machine a lot.
  • 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM
    basite
    that VPI looks amazingly interesting...

good luck on getting it...
    and be sure to review it here once you do :)

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 01-12-2009, 03:11 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by basite
    that VPI looks amazingly interesting...

good luck on getting it...
    and be sure to review it here once you do :)

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.

As soon as the condo sells and I receive my 1/3 of the proceeds. Until then the trusty Rega will be spinning. Once I get the table the new phono preamp will be a must.
  • 01-13-2009, 04:11 PM
    squeegy200
    Which Phono Pre are you eyeing?
  • 01-21-2009, 07:46 AM
    Bernd
    Hey John Happy New Year to you and that VPI looks the business. Good Luck with the sale of the condo.
  • 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM
    bobsticks
    Very nice, John. It's good to read about folks treating themselves right. You deserve it friend.
  • 01-22-2009, 06:24 AM
    JohnMichael
    Here is another option. Clearaudio has this package deal with cartridge for $2,000.

http://www.musicalsurroundings.com/ca_emotion_new.html

I would like to hear this turntable with the magnetic bearing system. Luckily with the economy being what it is I will have plenty of time to decide which ttable to choose.