• 01-18-2010, 11:06 PM
    atomicAdam
    well - the closets i've got to what i want is a slight alteration in the Golden Triangle room set up. So i've gone back to that set up and I'll try again tomorrow to get them settled.
  • 01-19-2010, 03:58 AM
    poppachubby
    Take a day off and then try again. The room needs some treatment Adam. Did you put the foam back up? If the walls are bare, stand in the center of the room and clap your hands together, really hard. Here that echo?
  • 01-19-2010, 04:14 AM
    audio amateur
    Yeah, take some time out. Take it slow, don't get uptight about it
  • 01-19-2010, 01:10 PM
    JoeE SP9
    You're right about room treatment PC. Placing some damping material at the first reflection points is important and significant. It could be the place to start.
  • 01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    You're right about room treatment PC. Placing some damping material at the first reflection points is important and significant. It could be the place to start.

I use fake ficus trees for that. They work and possess high WAF. :)

rw
  • 01-19-2010, 09:17 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Stat
    I use fake ficus trees for that. They work and possess high WAF. :)

rw

LOL - Actually, wifie and I were at Target the other day and I was looking at some palm plants. This room does need more plant life.
  • 01-19-2010, 09:47 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE SP9

Just had the wife help with the FRP. I'll be able to test tomorrow. I set the speaker back up in the Golden Triangle position. My plan is to move in and back slowly if the image is too faded in the middle and if the bass doesn't seem to be sufficient.
  • 01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
    frenchmon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    In Ohio it involves riding down a hill on one of these. When there is snow of course. Oh is this off topic?

In North Carolina and much of the south east this is a toboggan

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/888...hat0753090.jpg

frenchmon
  • 01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
    atomicAdam
    Well, even with all the talk of winter past times. humm......:prrr:

I think I got it all set up.

Used the Golden Triangle method, blocked out the FRP on the sides and ceiling, and am sitting pretty close. I guess the correct distance.

I'm happy again. Almost like headphones but bigger.

Thanks for the help guys and putting up with my insanity over poor sound
  • 01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
    poppachubby
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    Well, even with all the talk of winter past times. humm......:prrr:

I think I got it all set up.

Used the Golden Triangle method, blocked out the FRP on the sides and ceiling, and am sitting pretty close. I guess the correct distance.

I'm happy again. Almost like headphones but bigger.

Thanks for the help guys and putting up with my insanity over poor sound

What!?! That's it?!? Hahahaha...aren't you glad you didn't kick the chair out from under yourself? Just funny after all that, the problem is fixed so easily. Well I for one am happy for you, I knew a solution existed.

BTW, the Golden Tube is ready. He figured out where the pop came from, and he found some head scratching work that someone had done to the amp. I imagine I'll pick it up by the weekend, I'll keep you posted...