• 07-20-2014, 08:30 PM
    nathan_h
    So terribly glad to see this thread.

My motor, on my MMF 5.1, after about 250 hours of use, started to make a horrible noise.

(Actually, it was doing it after 20 hours of use IF I used the clamp, but that's another story and I stopped using it.)

Roy says it's time to replace the motor. Seeing these photos let's me know just what I am getting into.

Not plug and play, but an afternoon project.
  • 07-21-2014, 04:45 AM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
    So terribly glad to see this thread.

My motor, on my MMF 5.1, after about 250 hours of use, started to make a horrible noise.

(Actually, it was doing it after 20 hours of use IF I used the clamp, but that's another story and I stopped using it.)

Roy says it's time to replace the motor. Seeing these photos let's me know just what I am getting into.

Not plug and play, but an afternoon project.

Good luck with your repair project. It's nice that Noob had all the pictures for you to check out before you decided to tackle the job. Are you going to go back to the clamp after the repairs. I still use mine. Jack
  • 07-22-2014, 07:04 AM
    nathan_h
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    Good luck with your repair project. It's nice that Noob had all the pictures for you to check out before you decided to tackle the job. Are you going to go back to the clamp after the repairs. I still use mine. Jack

I dunno. A part of me (magic not science?) thinks the clamp is what messed up the motor in the first place!
  • 07-22-2014, 05:37 PM
    02audionoob
    Don't worry about the clamp. It can't mess up the motor.
  • 07-23-2014, 06:02 AM
    nathan_h
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 02audionoob View Post
    Don't worry about the clamp. It can't mess up the motor.

That's what I'm thinking, too. It's just the memory of the first time I noticed the motor noise was when using the clamp. And then I took the clamp off, and the noise went away.

It's a classic "post hoc ergo propter hoc" foolish conclusion. It was probably co-incidence.

Unless there is some ADDITIONAL mechanical weirdness going on, it doesn't seem logistically possible for the two to interact.