The lights are on

I just got through replacing the lights on this beauty queen. They are apparently wired in series, because only 3 of 8 looked burnt, but none were working. I cleaned the pots a few days ago. Ain't she a hottie?

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Oh I love it!! Green. The Pioneer has a similar aura. Just compliments the analog sound, doesn't it? Like some kind of lava lamp.

Worth the trouble isn't it? Just doesn't feel whole without everything running 100%.

Good stuff.

Man that looks pretty....I am going to have to get me a vintage Marantz reciever. Where do you keeper?
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

This one has actually been under the bed in the guestroom because I don't have a place for it. I'm thinking about either making it the guestroom system, along with some Boston bookshelf speakers, or it could replace the AudioSource AMP100 as the amplifier of the computer system.

Noob that looks great. Yes the green glows is tre classy!! I think those Yamaha's had a look
    way ahead of its time. I would definitely snag one just for the look. That looks mint. What a score.

Beyond the looks, how does it sound? I have noticed that their are some dedicated fans of those units of that era.

Awesome pics, keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    This one has actually been under the bed in the guestroom because I don't have a place for it. I'm thinking about either making it the guestroom system, along with some Boston bookshelf speakers, or it could replace the AudioSource AMP100 as the amplifier of the computer system.
    Well noob, my man. I can tell you that she's way to pretty to be under a bed in the guest room....maybe doing duty in the guest room but not under the bed. But if she gets more use as the amp for your computer I would snatch the AMP100 out in a heart beat....besides she is a looker and has character....not so with the AudioSource.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by Enochrome
    Noob that looks great. Yes the green glows is tre classy!! I think those Yamaha's had a look
    way ahead of its time. I would definitely snag one just for the look. That looks mint. What a score.

Beyond the looks, how does it sound? I have noticed that their are some dedicated fans of those units of that era.

Awesome pics, keep them coming!
    I've never matched it up with a nice pair of speakers, so I can only say it's done well with what it had to work with. It's a clean sound...less robust than the Marantz 2325.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    It's a clean sound...less robust than the Marantz 2325.
    That's how I would describe the Pioneer v 1515. Even at 15 wpc the Marantz has a full and rich sound. The Pioneer is very cool, open and airy.

Yes the comp would be a great idea.

The Yamaha CR-1040 went off to a new happy home, yesterday...a dad getting it for his son. The youngster is going to be indoctrinated in the ways of vintage audio gear.

Sold it huh? Canned the guest room concept?

It's just too big for the dainty little guestroom. I really want something that could fit on this chest with some very small speakers, like the Minimus 7. I also could go with wall-mount speakers right behind it...maybe pick up a subwoofer on Craigslist and put it in the closet to the right.

That little Sony I picked up would be perfect.

Well it will probably get lots of use now...it may have been lonely all by its lonesome with no one to play for...now he is a happy receiver.

Thread Information