Thread: confused

AR Newbie Registered Member

confused

I recently bought a Rega P3 24 turnrtable. I also read a review on an Aqvox phono pre amp which I would like to use. However, it works on all tables Except Rega, because they are internally grounded, in the tonearm itself. The Aqvox uses XLR connectors and will not work with Rega tables unless they are modified. This mod is listed on the Aqvox site but it is confusing and I do not understand how to do the modification. Can anyone help me. I would really like to use my table with the Aqvox phono pre amp, but I need to rewire my REga tonearm. Can anyone help me with the specifics, or know how to do it, or know someone who would or can do it. Thanks

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I have read a review on that phono pre-amp and it sounds impressive. I have a seperate ground on my Rega because I rewired the tonearm with the Incognito wiring harness. I went to the AQVOX site just to see the connections on the back. It had both rca inputs and outputs and a switch to choose between XLR or RCA inputs. I am not sure but it looked like you could use rca or balanced outputs. Acoustic Sounds sells that phono pre-amp and I would call them for better advice than I could give.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

AR Newbie Registered Member

tonearm mod

I recently bought a Rega P3 24 turnrtable. I also read a review on an Aqvox phono pre amp which I would like to use. However, it works on all tables Except Rega, because they are internally grounded, in the tonearm itself. The Aqvox uses XLR connectors and will not work with Rega tables unless they are modified. This mod is listed on the Aqvox site but it is confusing and I do not understand how to do the modification. Can anyone help me. I would really like to use my table with the Aqvox phono pre amp, but I need to rewire my REga tonearm. Can anyone help me with the specifics, or know how to do it, or know someone who would or can do it. Thanks

Administrator Site Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bpinkus
    your confusing people with a double post - better clarify or we'll have to assume you are a spammer and you'll get banned.

Thread Information