Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help! I keep buying vinyl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    Nothing wrong with mono...if you have good gear.
    Is that your latest toy? I like it.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Does anyone know a good site that has the cheapest prices for plastic outersleeves?

Quote Originally Posted by Enochrome
    Does anyone know a good site that has the cheapest prices for plastic outersleeves?
    How about http://www.sleevetown.com

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enochrome
    Doesn't your local shop carry them? If I buy quantity, they give me a break in price.

I just unwrapped a sealed copy of Styx - Pieces of Eight that my wife had when we got together, 20-plus years ago.

My local shops don't carry them. The shops are either too high end or too low end to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by 02audionoob
    I just unwrapped a sealed copy of Styx - Pieces of Eight that my wife had when we got together, 20-plus years ago.
    20-plus years ago? I just assumed you where a kool 25-30 year old audio hobbyist...what do I know.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    Is that your latest toy? I like it.
    No but thinking about getting it in a few months down the road. Wife bought me a Music Hall 2.1 a few weeks ago and it aint bad at all. I was surprised at what turntables could do after not having a TT sense the 80's. Music Hall tables are really Pro-Ject players made for MH. The table in the picture is a Pro-Ject 1 Xpression III....nice carbon fiber arm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

I was just listening to an Expression Mahogany a few days ago. Awesome table. And you're correct, Music Hall don't actually make much. My local shop sells Pro-Ject and you can't even mention Music Hall in there, they all make fun of it.

No but thinking about getting it in a few months down the road. Wife bought me a Music Hall 2.1 a few weeks ago and it aint bad at all. I was surprised at what turntables could do after not having a TT sense the 80's. Music Hall tables are really Pro-Ject players made for MH. The table in the picture is a Pro-Ject 1 Xpression III....nice carbon fiber arm.
    I think most people are getting a bit of a misconception about Pro-Ject. They're not making turntables, either. That factory near Prague that makes the Pro-Ject and Music Hall turntables...

...has been making turntables since long before their deal with Pro-Ject. In the 1950s, they even made this guy...

20-plus years ago? I just assumed you where a kool 25-30 year old audio hobbyist...what do I know.
    I like to think I'm a kool kat, but I'm not too sure my Styx album is going to git 'er done.

Edit: Now I'm cool. Today's top find...

Last edited by 02audionoob; 05-30-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Nice find noob, looks great. Is that wallet embossed on the cover?

Anyhow, I am here to gloat about my latest haul. Everything cleaned up to reveal mint or near mint. Imagine the sheer joy, listening to an original copy of Highway 61 Revisited as though it was just pressed. Not a single hiss or pop. Sometimes I let out a laugh while listening. No sibilance or hissing so often found on LPs of this vintage. The Zappa and Humble Pie is out of this world.

That thing in the wallet area is a sticker on the outer sleeve it came in...

Hahaha! I take it you edited the photo? That's too funny, with it's placement it looked like an embossed wallet or pocket for the jeans. Did you buy that new? That's one hell of a sleeve.

I think most people are getting a bit of a misconception about Pro-Ject. They're not making turntables, either. That factory near Prague that makes the Pro-Ject and Music Hall turntables...

...has been making turntables since long before their deal with Pro-Ject. In the 1950s, they even made this guy...

I like to think I'm a kool kat, but I'm not too sure my Styx album is going to git 'er done.

Edit: Now I'm cool. Today's top find...

noob. From what I understand of Pro-Ject, its no different from a lot of companies including those who sell Road Bikes under their names....many of the better bikes are made in the same factory but don't actually own anything. They give their designs to the factory and they build it. Pro-Ject is the biggest client that factory has. This is also true of drivers for speakers. Tymphany a company that owns and manufactures speakers under its own name and manufacturing and owning Peerless speakers...Vifa speakers....Scan Speak speakers before selling , also make speaker drivers for other brand name speaker company's according to that company's specs. One such client of Tymphany is Klipsch. I ran accross that information about Klipsch while researching drivers. I hope no one gets the idea that sense some companies don't actually make their own product then the company is some how less of a real company...that is far from the truth.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

yeah

"no different from a lot of companies including those who sell Road Bikes under their names...."
    ...regards...tr

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

yeah

"no different from a lot of companies including those who sell Road Bikes under their names...."

same with vw and audi and opel in europe. note the similarity of the seats and knobs etc.
    ...regards...tr

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Hahaha! I take it you edited the photo? That's too funny, with it's placement it looked like an embossed wallet or pocket for the jeans. Did you buy that new? That's one hell of a sleeve.
    I would guess those stickers are applied by hand and the worker bees must have decided on that spot. Maybe just having a bit of a chuckle at work.

It's a "new" record, in that it was sealed, but I paid $6.91 including tax for it at Half-Price Books, a chain of stores that carries used and overstock books, movies and music. My Wayne Shorter - Adam's Apple came from the same series and in the same type sleeve. It also came from Half-Price, but I don't think it was as cheap as this one.

...I hope no one gets the idea that sense some companies don't actually make their own product then the company is some how less of a real company...that is far from the truth.
    That's really what I was getting at. Music Hall isn't less quality than Pro-Ject just because they're the little guy who doesn't own anything.

I would guess those stickers are applied by hand and the worker bees must have decided on that spot. Maybe just having a bit of a chuckle at work.

It's a "new" record, in that it was sealed, but I paid $6.91 including tax for it at Half-Price Books, a chain of stores that carries used and overstock books, movies and music. My Wayne Shorter - Adam's Apple came from the same series and in the same type sleeve. It also came from Half-Price, but I don't think it was as cheap as this one.

That's really what I was getting at. Music Hall isn't less quality than Pro-Ject just because they're the little guy who doesn't own anything.
    noob...I just went to the web site half-price books. Unbelievable prices on their CD's. Are they new or used?

PoppaC...they have Frank Zappas CD "Hot Rats" for $2 bucks.

PoppaC...they have Frank Zappas CD "Hot Rats" for $2 bucks.
    Right, and probably $25 to get it across the border. I've been shopping domestically for over a year now. My favorite E-shop, especially for vinyl is Acoustic Sounds. Great shipping prices and amazing selection. I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time. You should check them out.

www.acousticsounds.com

Most of the inventory at Half-Price Books is the used stuff individuals come in and sell to the store.

Real excited about this one.

Jim Hall, Paul Desmond, Chet Baker (Yeehaw!), Ron Carter, Steve Gado and Roland Hanna.

I'll let you all know. The cover took a beating and did it's job well. Near mint LP.

Near Mint

Real excited about this one.

Jim Hall, Paul Desmond, Chet Baker (Yeehaw!), Ron Carter, Steve Gado and Roland Hanna.

I'll let you all know. The cover took a beating and did it's job well. Near mint LP.

Poppa you chump!

Really...I just ordered that new. Like I said before on AR....if you got anything with Paul Desmond and Jim Hall...you are in for a real treat. Is Conny Kay and Percey Heath on that one as well PoppaC/

No just the artists I listed. I remembered what you had said, but the fact that Chet Baker was on it sealed the deal.

No just the artists I listed. I remembered what you had said, but the fact that Chet Baker was on it sealed the deal.
    Yeah...I hear ya...Baker always seals the deal....he had a style all his own.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information