Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 3db
    but my choices are those that I have posted. I will not belooking at the technics as my only means of aquiring is thru ebay and I will have no idea whether or not the tt has been mistreated or packaged properly enough to ensure that no damge as occured during shipping. I rather take my chances on a new flimsy budget audioohyle from a reputable dealer table as I know what I'll be getting.
    i hear you, but it is not hard to find them new for $350-400.

New 1200

The Projects are designed in Austria and built in Chezk republic were labour costs are lower than they are in England . Based on that line of thinking, you get more turntable for the same money than if it were buit in the UK. That is assuming Regas are still being built in the UK. If not, then that blows the salesman's theorey.
    P1 are made in the basement of Bernd's basement where skilled pups are working for PuppyChow.
    About the production cost and quality material being used, I'll say it's impossible to tell. Who knews, maybe P-Js are using much inferior parts and increasing their profit margin by substantial ratios, while Rega is only making half of profit D3s pull in. It's always about money though, just like what RoyPhil said:

You have to keep in mind that many salesmen's theories are based on which product will give them the best profit margin on that particular day. Cheaper labor may just mean a bigger markup to encourage dealers to sell Project.
    -JRA

Just adding another opinion...

I went to who sells both brands recommends the Project Debut over the Rega1 based on
    Do they have them in stock or would they have to call their distributor once you place an order? If I know anything, distributors are always changing their prices based on demands and the product lifecycle stage it's in. Chances are Debut3 are being offered for less. Profit magin(again....) gotta be bigger for D3s.

Find out what kinda discount they can offer? I'll say they wont offer you a single percentage of discount with P1, but some with D3. BTW, they can offer discounts for P-Js in my shop. I never got it, but they've been offering to me whenever I go in and talk about a new TT.

-JRA

3db
    Forum Regular

P1 ones are on order, D3 in stock

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Do they have them in stock or would they have to call their distributor once you place an order? If I know anything, distributors are always changing their prices based on demands and the product lifecycle stage it's in. Chances are Debut3 are being offered for less. Profit magin(again....) gotta be bigger for D3s.

Find out what kinda discount they can offer? I'll say they wont offer you a single percentage of discount with P1, but some with D3. BTW, they can offer discounts for P-Js in my shop. I never got it, but they've been offering to me whenever I go in and talk about a new TT.

-JRA
    Salesman told me that there is no negotiation on price for the D3. He claims to have sold 20 in the last month. I'll take that info with a grain of salt.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

vta can be addressed`

the pete riggle vtaf and other vta adjusters are readily available if one needs it. continuous twiddling can result though, as different LP makers used different cutting angles. this has been demonstrated to me by david shreve in no uncertain terms.

http://www.musicdirect.com/products/...o&keyword=vtaf

http://www.musicdirect.com/products/...asp?sku=AMRVTA
    ...regards...tr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information