Forum Regular

Compare Bix to Clearaudio Emotion

Anyone heard the Clearaudio Emotion turntable. I'm considering the Bix as well. The Emotion comes stock with Clearaudio's ( supposedly in house ) Satisfy tonearm for about $999 retail, seems a good deal from what I've read about it. I know the Bix from DIY HiFi Supply Hong Kong comes the supplied Rega RB-250. I'm not to fond of that arm.

Also any other turntable giant killers? ( no Rega please spare me).

Thanks

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood
    Anyone heard the Clearaudio Emotion turntable. I'm considering the Bix as well. The Emotion comes stock with Clearaudio's ( supposedly in house ) Satisfy tonearm for about $999 retail, seems a good deal from what I've read about it. I know the Bix from DIY HiFi Supply Hong Kong comes the supplied Rega RB-250. I'm not to fond of that arm.

Also any other turntable giant killers? ( no Rega please spare me).

Thanks
    You might be able to find the Pro-Ject Perspective for $999. This was the introductory price a few years ago, then it went up to $1299 after a few favorable reviews and the decline of the dollar. But, I've seen it "on sale" recently at music direct or accoustic sounds. The "sale" price doesn't include a cartridge, but I think the needle doctor package does include a cart, but it's $1299. The interesting thing about the Perspective is that it's been upgraded with Pro-Ject's new carbon fiber arm.

Another decent $1000 table is the Music Hall MMF-7. It's tonearm is also a Pro-Ject and I believe it's the new carbon fiber one. The MMF-7 includes a Goldring cart.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I just got the clearaudio after being sure I was about to buy the MMF7. I listened to both tables (and their "supplied" cartridges) and the clearaudio sounded more grounded, the midrange was in-your-face dynamic. The MMF7 was really nice, just a bit too laid back and wooly for me. I ended up upgrading the Clearaudio cartridge to the Autrum Alpha ($300) and walked out of the dealer for $1250. The alpha added loads of definition up high and made this table walk all over the Music Hall. I'm really happy. Also, the Emotion is just so darn pretty.......
    You won't go wrong. I don't know the Bix, but if your music tends to be on the quick and dynamic side, I know the Clearaudio would be awflly tough to beat.
    BTW: the The Clearaudio has all the dynamics of the Regas, but actually brings in, dare I say, lots of emotion into the music I have not heard with a P3 or P25. A no contest there.
    Good luck.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdotdot
    I just got the clearaudio after being sure I was about to buy the MMF7. I listened to both tables (and their "supplied" cartridges) and the clearaudio sounded more grounded, the midrange was in-your-face dynamic. The MMF7 was really nice, just a bit too laid back and wooly for me. I ended up upgrading the Clearaudio cartridge to the Autrum Alpha ($300) and walked out of the dealer for $1250. The alpha added loads of definition up high and made this table walk all over the Music Hall. I'm really happy. Also, the Emotion is just so darn pretty.......
    You won't go wrong. I don't know the Bix, but if your music tends to be on the quick and dynamic side, I know the Clearaudio would be awflly tough to beat.
    BTW: the The Clearaudio has all the dynamics of the Regas, but actually brings in, dare I say, lots of emotion into the music I have not heard with a P3 or P25. A no contest there.
    Good luck.
    Congrats on your new turntable! Did your dealer handle the cartridge installation? It looks like cartridge alignment would be a little tricky without a headshell on the Emotion's tonearm. Not criticizing your rig, but was curious what alignment tool you used.

You're a lucky dog to be able to audition the Music Hall and Clearaudio, especially if the auditions were at the same dealer.

Forum Regular
    I've had a chance to listen to the Clearaudio as well and I was very impressed and I would have picked it over the P25. But I'll keep my Oracle Delphi (finicky as it is)

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Well I have the AN Turntable One (TT1) on my list to upgrade -- my dealer brought in Clearaudio and said it was trounced by the AN and their Linns -- please note that this is total hear-say and I have disagreed with my dealer in the past about hesound of things though they are big into turntables

The AN's use Rega arms as well but they can and have been upgraded to AN spec.

http://www.audionote.co.uk/reviews/w...003_an_tt1.pdf

I'd add it to your list of auditions -- the price in the us is here http://www.triodeandco.com/04us_prices.html

These guys evaluate in blind level matched listening panels http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_read.asp?ID=399

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_l...category=TTBLS

Thread Information