Cartridge Reviews!

Hey Guys,

I FINALLY got the Cartridge review database populated with most of the major players. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could populate it with reviews of cartridges you've owned. help a brudda out!

Cartridge Reviews

thanks
    e

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    Hey Guys,

I FINALLY got the Cartridge review database populated with most of the major players. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could populate it with reviews of cartridges you've owned. help a brudda out!

Cartridge Reviews

thanks
    e
    You're a good man, ericl.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Well this is one I plan to get sometime -- the IQ1 is $100.00 less -- it's the same body only the needle is different so one can buy the IQ1 and when it's time to replace the needle buy the 2. I like this kind of upgrading. http://www.soundstage.com/vinyl/vinyl121998.htm

Okay, got my first set of reviews posted. Might want to add the Stantons, Goldrings, and entry level Sumikos as well.
    Last edited by Woochifer; 05-17-2005 at 04:03 PM.

Awesome Thanks a bunch Wooch. I am about to buy a Super OM20 based on your recommendations! I also really like the flexibility of using different stylii (is that the correct plural stylus??). I am also going to order a mono and 78 stylus, I think you can plug them both right into the regular stereo cart! That's freakin cool in my book, and they are not too expensive either.

I'll get the Sumiko's up there, with Stanton I am not so sure. I thought they had a big lineup of mostly DJ carts..

-e

Quote Originally Posted by ericl
    Awesome Thanks a bunch Wooch. I am about to buy a Super OM20 based on your recommendations! I also really like the flexibility of using different stylii (is that the correct plural stylus??). I am also going to order a mono and 78 stylus, I think you can plug them both right into the regular stereo cart! That's freakin cool in my book, and they are not too expensive either.

I'll get the Sumiko's up there, with Stanton I am not so sure. I thought they had a big lineup of mostly DJ carts..

-e
    When you price out the Ortofon OM20, compare the price of the OM10 + the Stylus 20 versus the OM20. At some sites, the OM20 will cost more than the OM10 w/ the replacement 20 stylus. By going that route, you'll get an OM20 plus a spare 10 stylus that you can slip on if you're playing a mangled record and want to spare your 20 stylus from extra wear. Ortofon's the only lineup I'm aware of that lets you easily swap out the stylus for 78s.

Right now, J&R Music World is the only site I've seen still selling the OM20 for a discounted price (right now, they got it for $130, and the OM30 for $160).

Stanton for years was one of the giants in home audio as well. But, they remain one of the biggest players in the DJ market. The 681 and 881 series cartridges were very popular home audio cartridges during the analog heyday.

Thanks for the tip, you were right. I am going to order from KABUSA.com and they have the Super OM20 for $120, or I can get the Super OM10 plus the OM20 stylus for $129. I think I will jump on that.

e

Thread Information