Calling all LP12 experts!

Hey guys, I'm considering a leap from my Rega Planar 3 to a brand new LP12. Hoping anyone can offer some advise on the Linn LP12 Magik. The Magik is Linn's entry level turntable, which consists of an internal power supply, Linn Adikt MM cart, and Pro-Ject 9cc tonearm.

A few questions..

1. My Rega Planar 3 has an RB300 arm and a Dynavector 10x5 cart. Would it make sense to install these onto the LP12 in the interim, or stick with the Pro-Ject/Adikt combination? I don't have any experience with the Pro-Ject tonearm, this is one of my concerns. Ultimately I'd like to upgrade to a Linn tonearm.

2. If I keep the Pro-Ject arm, this begs the question, Dynavector 10x5 or Linn Adikt?

3. Trampolin baseboard? The turntable will be sitting high atop a Quadraspire Q4 Ref shelf (on the 7th shelf!). Yes I know this isn't ideal, but we all have to make compromises!

And before anyone asks, I have my heart set on the LP12. Yes I know I could get better value for my money, but my dream system is still Naim/Linn. Also not interested in s/h, I'd like to purchase new as this will be the system I'm working with for decades to come. The system will be dealer installed, so I can make the most of this setup.

My plan is to start with this base, and over time upgrade to a Naim Armageddon power supply (only plays 33's, but I'm a stickler for aesthetics!), followed by a Dynavector 20XL cart and a new Naim phono stage to match, then finally a new tonearm (I'm dreaming of an Ekos SE, though I'd have to be insane by this point I'm certain). Is this a reasonable path?

cheers,
    elapsed
    Last edited by elapsed; 09-18-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    Fidelity Acoustics RFM-2 speakers
    Naim CD5x cd player
    Naim NAC 122x pre-amp
    Naim NAP 150x poweramp
    Naim FlatCap-2x power supply
    Naim Stageline N phono stage
    Naim NACA5 speaker cabling
    Naim Hi-Line interconnect
    Chord Crimson interconnects
    Rega Planar 3 turntable
    Goldring 1042 cartridge
    Squeezebox 3