Bought a new turntable

Printable View

• 03-12-2013, 05:08 AM
    Florian
    1 Attachment(s)
    Bought a new turntable
    Hello guys,

i bought a new turntable: SME 20/2 SME V Arm and Ortofon Statement Cartridge. I cant find the manual for the Ortofon Statement. Any info would be much appreciated.

Attachment 9254
  • 03-12-2013, 05:23 AM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Hello guys,

i bought a new turntable: SME 20/2 SME V Arm and Ortofon Statement Cartridge. I cant find the manual for the Ortofon Statement.

Venerable brands indeed. I mated my first SME arm with an Ortofon SL15E back in '74.

The Vinyl Engine is usually a good source, but they do not show the "Statement".
  • 03-12-2013, 05:33 AM
    Florian
    Thanks E-Stat! Thats a cool site indeed. I have sent an email to Ortofon and awaiting their reply.

Cheers
  • 03-12-2013, 05:37 AM
    JohnMichael
    Congratulations on your excellent new turntable. I am sure it will bring you many years of audio bliss.
  • 03-12-2013, 11:50 PM
    Florian
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hello you two, i got an answere from Ortofon:

"Hello Florian Ortofon Statement is a system equivalent to the Ortofon vintage MC 7500. Ortofon Statement was OEM manufactured for the former Ortofon German partner. Sorry to disappoint you, but no manuals for Statement available. Please see the attached leaflet for our vintage MC 7500."

Ortofon MC 7500 Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | Vinyl Engine

I will share some pictures on Vinyl Engine with this. Cheers PS: Here is a picture i made with the cell phone, better ones coming. By the way, the sound is utterly amazing :-)

Attachment 9264

Attachment 9263
  • 03-13-2013, 07:07 AM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

"Please see the attached leaflet for our vintage MC 7500."

Cool. The SL15 was my first MC cartridge. I used their matching SUT since it was also a very low output model.
  • 03-13-2013, 04:12 PM
    blackraven
    Florian, when I win the lottery I am going to buy your whole system from you!
  • 03-14-2013, 04:08 AM
    Florian
    Let me know when you do, i am sure we can make a deal :-)
    It is a impressive reproduction, but its not without a stress factor either. It consists of 42 tubes. 14 of them are 211 which alone costs about 4200$ Finding humming or crackling sounds takes a lot time. There is a huge cable mess and lat of things that can do wrong. Its a lovely sound, but not without a stress factor.
  • 03-14-2013, 12:26 PM
    blackraven
    Quote:

Let me know when you do, i am sure we can make a deal :-)
    It is a impressive reproduction, but its not without a stress factor either. It consists of 42 tubes. 14 of them are 211 which alone costs about 4200$ Finding humming or crackling sounds takes a lot time. There is a huge cable mess and lat of things that can do wrong. Its a lovely sound, but not without a stress factor.

Thats Ok! I'll just hire you to tune it up from time to time.

By the way, what happened to the Krell amps that power those baby's?
  • 03-15-2013, 12:51 AM
    Florian
    Hello,

i sold them all due to sound quality. After having spend 4 years to fix them and close to 10k$ in repairs and refurbishment it only took a single Einstein The Absolute Tune (Hybrid, No Feedback) amplifier, in a 1 hours listening session, to show me very clearly what the Krells and most other large transistor amplifiers were missing. My system is now, except for the subwoofers, all driven by single ended triode amplifiers with zero feedback (local or global).
  • 03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
    frenchmon
    Nice! cant wait to see close ups of the table.