• 09-07-2005, 08:34 AM
    allanls
    Yamaha RX-V1400 and JBL ESC230 Speakers
    I'm in the process of accquiring a Yamaha RX-V1400 to replace my existing JBL ESC230 HT. Becoz of budget constraints i intend to use the existing ESC230 speakers with the new Yamaha AV Receiver. My question is - whether these speakers would be compatible with the Yamaha AV Receiver. What parameters should i check for compatibility?

The system specs for the ESC 230 are as below -

power output - 20w x6 =120 w
    signal to noise ratio = 90 db
    input impedance - 20k ohms
    input sensitivity - 400 mV
    system frequency response - 35 khz to 20 khz

Thanks for any ideas/comments or suggestions.
  • 09-07-2005, 12:48 PM
    JSE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allanls
    I'm in the process of accquiring a Yamaha RX-V1400 to replace my existing JBL ESC230 HT. Becoz of budget constraints i intend to use the existing ESC230 speakers with the new Yamaha AV Receiver. My question is - whether these speakers would be compatible with the Yamaha AV Receiver. What parameters should i check for compatibility?

The system specs for the ESC 230 are as below -

power output - 20w x6 =120 w
    signal to noise ratio = 90 db
    input impedance - 20k ohms
    input sensitivity - 400 mV
    system frequency response - 35 khz to 20 khz

Thanks for any ideas/comments or suggestions.

The RX-V1400 is going to be a far better receiver than the unit that came with the JBL HTIB system you have. It will match up fine in terms of "techinical compatibility". However, the speakers will now be the the weak point in your system so welcome to the world of upgraditis. If the sound is not what you expect, it's in all likelyhood the speakers, not the receiver.

JSE