Thread: Yamaha RX-397

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Yamaha RX-397

What ohms is this Yamaha RX-397 receiver rated? Meaning can it accept 4 ohms and 8 ohms speakers without problems like the Onkyo TX8222?
    Dallas's Forums

MORE THAN JUST DINOSAURS!!!

The Yamaha Rx 397 is capable of handling 2, 8ohm speakers or multiple 4ohm speakers
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Is this receiver capeable for just a pair of speakers between 4 to 8 ohms too? I wont connect two pairs of speakers only one. How did you find out that the receiver is capeable of 4 ohms and up? Do you own this receiver? or found it on a site? Since only Yamaha.com it doesn't tell me much details about the receiver.
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    Is this receiver capeable for just a pair of speakers between 4 to 8 ohms too? I wont connect two pairs of speakers only one. How did you find out that the receiver is capeable of 4 ohms and up? Do you own this receiver? or found it on a site? Since only Yamaha.com it doesn't tell me much details about the receiver.
    None of these receivers you are talking about will drive a 4 ohm load really well. They just dont have the current capabilities.

Why dont you just stop looking for a new receiver. None of the models you are looking at are really great. Your Pioneer is just as good. Get it back from your mother and buy a subwoofer and mate it with the HLS410 your are using. THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT IN SOUND. If not. Stop with the stupid questions. You dont listen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by anamorphic96
    None of these receivers you are talking about will drive a 4 ohm load really well. They just dont have the current capabilities.

Why dont you just stop looking for a new receiver. None of the models you are looking at are really great. Your Pioneer is just as good. Get it back from your mother and buy a subwoofer and mate it with the HLS410 your are using. THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT IN SOUND. If not. Stop with the stupid questions. You dont listen anyway.
    what he said...

really, none of these things are better than what you have now, get it back from your mother, and buy a sub.
    Last edited by basite; 01-21-2007 at 09:40 AM.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by basite
    what he said...

really, none of these things are better than what you have now, get it bck from your mother, and buy a sub.
    I'll also agree with that suggestion...

Though I'm confident that Spanky will continue to ignore good suggestions.... and will probably start a new thread about whether he should change from Radio Shack RCA cables to Ciruit City RCAs.... and will ask which one sounds better with a Denon Receiver and Sony speakers, that he is considering buying... because his mommy said that if he buys new cables, then she'll give him back his old receiver, which he can then sell on ebay to get the Denon....

Why do I keep feeding the Trolls?

What the heck is a troll??? I talked to many friends and they don't know what it means. I hope it's nothing bad. Well anyways my mom is needing a new receiver since if I get my old one back she will need one so I needed to know which receiver will work best for lower than 8 ohms. Her speakers are 6 ohms so I need to know out of the Yamaha and the Onkyo which receiver is best for 6 ohms speakers.
    Dallas's Forums

They will both work fine. Just pick one already. There both equal and you wont hear a difference in either one.

A troll is an internet term for someone who never listens and keeps asking the same ridiculous questions over and over again and constantly bothers people.

You just did it again in your previous post and again ignored the good advice being offered about getting a sub. If you don't like are answers go someplace else and get off these boards

Why don't you get a minimum wage job since you live at home and save some money.

About the sub you guys suggested I actualy have had a 8in JBL SUB135 that I have had for almost 2 years already. Is this sub good enough?
    Dallas's Forums

Quote Originally Posted by anamorphic96
    They will both work fine. Just pick one already. There both equal and you wont hear a difference in either one.

A troll is an internet term for someone who never listens and keeps asking the same ridiculous questions over and over again and constantly bothers people.

You just did it again in your previous post and again ignored the good advice being offered about getting a sub. If you don't like are answers go someplace else and get off these boards

Why don't you get a minimum wage job since you live at home and save some money.

Seconded!

Since you finally decided to let your mom keep your receiver, then buy either the Yamaha or the Onkyo since neither will likely sound significantly better than the other!

I will add that the definition given of a Troll above is rather nice... often we use the term Troll to refer to a "person who is deliberately being a pain in the @$$, someone who does not believe in any of the discussions on the forum and is making a deliberate mockery of the discussions"....

The sub you have is not really all that good. I dont care what the specs say. It may be good at adding some mid bass but cant really go that deep. Besides that sub was designed to work with a home theater in a box. Not really meant as a good music producer.

I know you have this big thing for JBL but you really need to look at other companies and open your mind to other options. Especially at the entry level. You should really be looking at companies such as PSB, and Paradigm at the entry level. For subs look at some of the entry level options at Parts Express and HSU research.

Just because JBL gets used in studios for mastering does not mean they are good for the home. JBL makes some good stuff but you really need to spend some money with them to get there. In fact JBL is not used nearly as much as they used to be in the studio. There are alot of other companies that offer better stuff for studio work.

On a side note. know matter what you think, manufactures don't always tell the truth with there specs. Even JBL. They may say there specs are accurate on the phone but do you really think a manufacture would admit to not being honest with there specs. Wake up and stop being so gullible.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

!!!!!

Name:  assclown-UR.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  25.1 KB!!!!!

Thread Information