Yamaha Problem

Printable View

• 10-13-2009, 02:34 PM
    jenko
    Yamaha Problem
    hi guys im new to this

i have a Yamaha amp not sure what one it is il haveto get back to you on that
    i have a problem : i was listening to some music the other day (very loudly) and everything was working fine with a clear sound through my home cinema (surround sound 1 sub, front, rear. front left and right and rear left and right) i turned it on today and theres a much weaker sound coming from the front left and right i checked the connections all ok volume and speaker test all working and okay any one know anything else it could be? or what i should do next?

could i have blown the amp or channels in the amp or caused damage?

many thanks!
  • 10-13-2009, 07:01 PM
    Mr Peabody
    If the receiver has protection circuits they should have shut the receiver down before serious damage occurred. Have you listened closely to the speakers to see if a driver may have been blown? If the test tones work and sound the same on all channels I wouldn't think the amp was blown. Next make sure nothing on the remote was pushed to cause it.
  • 10-14-2009, 07:44 PM
    harley .guy07
    My issue with this is that if the receivers protection circuit would have kicked in it would have allowed flow after the amp cooled down or the next day when there should not be any problem at all. Most receivers and amps have thermal shutdown but they are built with either a gain delay or a thermal delay on them so that they will continue with normal working order when they either cool down or the gain is turned down on them. your problem if continues sounds like a possble speaker issue since most test tones out of your typical receiver is not full range enough to tell if you might have blown a woofer or midrange. But there might be more to it than that. Were you are using the surround sound circuits durring your crankup or where you in stereo. We had a guy bring a receiver in one time that was having a house party and left his receiver in a simulated surround mode and was cranking it up and accually blew the IC circuits for the simulated surround sound part of the receiver. I know that the ic circuits arent gain fed they are fixed fed and are gained after the signal passes through them but it happened and we had to replace it. Try different sound modes on your receiver, especially 2 channel mode to make sure this is not the case.
  • 10-15-2009, 12:51 AM
    Kursun
    First, to make sure which component is faulty, speakers or amplifier, reverse L and R speakers.
  • 10-15-2009, 05:54 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Kursun, if the main speakers, which are the left & right have the same problem how would switching them around help anything? Furthermore, how would that show anything different about the amp?
  • 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
    Kursun
    Sorry, careless reading on my part... There is a problem not with one front channel but both... Speaker test all working... I guess there is a problem with the setup
  • 10-18-2009, 05:15 AM
    jenko
    thanks guys for the advice i will have a play around tonight to see what i can do many thanks!