Hello folks. I am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance to any unkown help request protocols. This is a cross post from General Audio.

Here's my problem that I'd like advice on how to fix. I have a Harman Kardon PM640 Vxi High Voltage High Current Intergrated Amplifier which has a barely audible left channel. Makes no difference if using A or B or Both speaker selector settings or any of the inputs (CD, Tuner, etc.). I have to turn it up about 60% of max to get any sound from the left speaker at all. Which normally I would never do given the power of an HK amp. I am running Ohm Walsh Cam - 32 speakers and the amp is set to 8 Ohm mode (has a 4/8 ohm setting option). I have tried both the 4 & 8 ohm speaker settings & the problem still exists.

I have openned up the chasis to look for blown fuses, etc. but cannot see anything that looks broken. I also have no idea what I am looking at. I have a local repair shop that could probably fix it for an arm & a leg, so I thought I would ask you audiophiles first.

Thanks for any advice! - Scott in Jersey