You know what they say about first impressions, well T+A is awesome. It's not cheap yet it's one of the best values I've seen in home audio. Why would I say this? Read on.

The T+A system consisted of one of their cd players, a preamp and 2 stereo amps bridged mono to produce about 600 wpc. The amps are actually said to perform better bridged. All connected by some mid line Transparent cabling. We compared this to the Krell 25s cdp/preamp and two 650 monoblocks. The Krell system had top of the line Transparent costing about $25k. The T+A system totaled about $15k. The Krell system about $40k. The 25s has one of the best cdp's I've ever heard. We used a pair of Dynaudio Confidence 1's to listen and compare both systems. We listened to Joe Bonamassa Blues Deluxe cd. You might think this fight was a little one sided but T+A turned out to be a Rocky. The T+A had better bass response. What I mean by saying that is the bass guitar was more detailed and clear. Where the musician slid his fingers up the strings was more apparent and the notes tighter. The Krell won in midrange and highs. Krell's midrange sound had more of a natural sound with more weight to it. Joe's voice on the Krell sounded more real on the Krell and guitar was less in your face with more texture. So $15k isn't in most peoples audio budget but to get this type of performance for $15k it is certainly still a great value. I acknowledge that this is only my opinion and impressions.

As I find out more information on T+A I will share more, I don't know much about their amp design but I think they use digital switching and not all class A design. Their website is extremely hard to find and I haven't been able to get it on Google, I have the address written somewhere. They have been in business for 25 years but only recently are coming to the U.S.