Forum Regular

Red face Will I be able to figure out how to use this amp?

Hey guys Im trying to run two volcano bass shakers that are 20w rms each,
    Im looking at either the little t-class amps on ebay, but what Im wondering about is whether I would be able to figure out how to wire this thing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-x-68-Watt-LM38...item3a5689be89
    Do you think that would be suitable for my application?

Quote Originally Posted by riotact
    Hey guys Im trying to run two volcano bass shakers that are 20w rms each,
    Im looking at either the little t-class amps on ebay, but what Im wondering about is whether I would be able to figure out how to wire this thing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-x-68-Watt-LM38...item3a5689be89
    Do you think that would be suitable for my application?
    Have you ever done electronics DIY before? If not, beware: you could do serious damage to the components and/or to yourself.

The add says, "It has DC power supply on board .just connect the power transformer and aluminum heatsink to run it." This is a bit of an over simplification. Which transformer and aluminium heatsink should not be a matter of experimentation -- hopefully detailed specifcations are provided. Also, you will need cabinet, power input, fuse, and input and output signal connectors: installing and safely wiring these things requires a little knowledge. Of course, for $15 you could order the thing and see whether the instructions are adquate to confidently proceed.

As you might be aware, this unit is not itself a "T-class", i.e. Tripath, switching amp; the LM3886 is an AB class amplfier chip.

Chicago IL
    If you have no idea what you are doing, just look for an already made amplifier and don't go trough the process of putting this one together!

Thread Information