• 05-13-2005, 04:32 PM
    RGA
    Corwin

I'm near the ferry.

Audio Note speakers are time and phase aligned as well as timed to a master curver - no one in the industry does this...you will see some that stagger their drivers in a sloped fashion where the tweeter is further back etc. Somewhere on AA they went more in depth as to the design

On time and phase alignment
    "We go one better than simple time/phase alignment, we individually adjust and match the woofer's behaviour to the tweeter at the points where they both reproduce the same frequency, this is far far more important and sophisticated than the primitive practice of sloping the baffle a bit to "compensate" for the tweeters earlier and shorter response time."

"I don't understand why you would measure a speaker at 180 degrees and I have not measured or seen measurements on the NHT you mention, but I can tell you that I would have no real problem putting the 90 degree off axis response of any of our speakers up against any other forward radiating speaker, we would come out well there."

A thread from peter Qvortrup is at ://www.audioasylum.com/audio/speakers/messages/192627.html