• 02-24-2004, 06:44 PM
    dsantamassino
    What is the best Integrated Amplifier??
    What is the best Integrated Amplifier and where could i buy it from?? Nothing too expensive. I'm looking to power speakers. Will http://www.bestbuy.com sell Integrated amps?? And how much will it cost?? Thanx for any help.
  • 02-24-2004, 08:11 PM
    Sure they do.
    A receiver is a type of integrated amp.
    they cost anywhere from....5bux (used - my friend got an old sony from someone) to errrmmmmm...I dont know but they can get pretty expensive.
  • 02-25-2004, 01:18 AM
    msrance
    Best ? Thats pretty Debatable:)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dsantamassino
    What is the best Integrated Amplifier and where could i buy it from?? Nothing too expensive. I'm looking to power speakers. Will http://www.bestbuy.com sell Integrated amps?? And how much will it cost?? Thanx for any help.

dsantamassino, your post could raise a big controversy ! Whats Best? Thats pretty debatable. Depends on a lot of variables. Lemme list out a few and then you can answer them to get to a shortlisted variables that you need fulfilled with the "best" in its category.
    1. What are you looking for : Integrated amp/poweramp, Amp/Preamp/Tuner, A/V reciever
    2. What is the area of the room you want to play it in?
    3. What are the desired decibel levels? Do you want it really high for self or for the whole neighbourhood?
    4. What is the amount of cash you can shell out for the deal?
    5. How much are you willing to spend on the whole system? and what percentage do you want to devote to the speakers?
    6. Are you a budding Audiophile or just an audio enthusiast?

Think over and let us all know - maybe we will have a better direction to think in and will come up with truely helpful suggestions.
  • 02-25-2004, 05:17 AM
    dsantamassino
    1. I'm looking for an Integrated amp.
    2. My room is not big but i would like a powerful amp.
    3. I'm not sure about the levels. I want it really high so the whole neighborhood can hear
    4. I can afford too much best to get it cheap
    5. The same answer i can't afford to much
    6. I'm not sure about that question

Now out of all the questions that i answered. What would be the best for me??

Quote:

Originally Posted by msrance
    dsantamassino, your post could raise a big controversy ! Whats Best? Thats pretty debatable. Depends on a lot of variables. Lemme list out a few and then you can answer them to get to a shortlisted variables that you need fulfilled with the "best" in its category.
    1. What are you looking for : Integrated amp/poweramp, Amp/Preamp/Tuner, A/V reciever
    2. What is the area of the room you want to play it in?
    3. What are the desired decibel levels? Do you want it really high for self or for the whole neighbourhood?
    4. What is the amount of cash you can shell out for the deal?
    5. How much are you willing to spend on the whole system? and what percentage do you want to devote to the speakers?
    6. Are you a budding Audiophile or just an audio enthusiast?

Think over and let us all know - maybe we will have a better direction to think in and will come up with truely helpful suggestions.

• 02-25-2004, 05:39 AM
    markw
    Best Buy doesn't sell integrated amps.
    A quick visit to their site should have shown you that.

I'll assume this is to drive those $100/pair speakers you are asking about in the speaker forum? In that case, the least expensive thing I see that will "drive speakers" is a KLH stereo receiver for $79.95.

Unless you come up with a price range, that's about all that can be done.
  • 02-25-2004, 05:44 AM
    dsantamassino
    Is that stereo receiver an Integrated amp??
  • 02-25-2004, 06:39 AM
    markw
    That and more.
    It also includes a tuner.
  • 02-25-2004, 08:48 AM
    dsantamassino
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markw
    It also includes a tuner.

Here is another question. This is what i'm looking at for speakers and subwoofers.

KLH 3-Way Floor Speakers (pair) $139.98
    KLH 10" 125 Watt powered Subwoofer 99.99

KLH 200W AM/FM stereo receiver with remote

My question is. If that receiver will power the Floor Speakers. Do i need an separate amp to power the $100 KLH Subwoofer?? Or will the receiver will power both the floor speakers and the subwoofer?? Thanx.
  • 02-25-2004, 09:56 AM
    markw
    The subwoofer has it's own amplifier. To be totally honest, you would be better served forgoing the subwoofer at this time and putting a little more towards the other areas.

...unless you want muffled, boomy bass that is.
  • 02-25-2004, 01:12 PM
    If you do want the whole neighbourhood to hear...and call the cops for that matter...
    maybe boomy bass is the thing that will do it ;)
  • 02-26-2004, 01:07 PM
    topspeed
    FWIW, the NAD C320bee is recommended by TAS and is supposed to be a giant-killer. I've never read anything less than glowing reviews. The aesthetics are questionable but to each their own. Could be the cornerstone for a nice little system.
  • 10-20-2004, 06:40 AM
    kexodusc
    This is an easy question to answer...
    The bottom line is, the best integrated amplifier is whichever current unit I own.

At present time it is a 3-way tie between:
    NAD 3020 (passed down to me from my father...20 years + and still going strong)
    NAD 3140 (bought for me by my father when I was 13...20 years + and still going strong)
    Rotel RA -1070 (bought last year...I love it).

These integrateds are the best in the world, by far. I guarantee they are better than any other integrated at any price, period. :)

(in all honesty, the 3020 is considered a legend, and still in high demand today)
  • 10-20-2004, 09:06 AM
    Resident Loser
    Pinhead Alert!!!
    ...ignore this moron(sorry mod's that's what he/she/it seems to be)...

Posted more revealing, self-incriminating splooge over at Audioholics...

Claims to be stalking a 16 yr. old girl...and is 22...

jimHJJ(...just my $.02...)
  • 10-20-2004, 09:49 AM
    corwin99
    Just a fact: In Canada the Legal age for consent is 14yrs of age...
  • 10-20-2004, 09:53 AM
    E-Stat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...ignore this moron(sorry mod's that's what he/she/it seems to be)...

On board, Jim.

Folks, waddya say we go back to talkin' about amps and speakers?

rw
  • 10-20-2004, 10:55 AM
    topspeed
    Uhhh....this thread is 8 months old. Why are we even worried about this?
  • 12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
    bobsticks
  • 12-31-2008, 07:48 PM
    arrow 68
    Although I have been a registered user for a long time and even added a unit that
    was not listed in one of the many review sections, I have
    never posted to any of these forums. So hi everybody.
    I like the title of this thread. But one mans junk, is another mans treasure. And what can you afford, and how do you listen to music? I have never used anything modern except a vintage Harman/Kardon Ciation 21,22, 23 combo. I am very curious about Rotel. But my experience with vintage gear leads me to Yamaha Receivers. I have had the luck to find a CR 2040, and I have used several different units for the last few years. This unit is great. Although not a true integrated, it's just so well balanced, and I think even if you had to pay a few $$$ for one in nice shape, it's money very well spent!
  • 01-17-2009, 12:15 PM
    Valkilm
    I would advise NAD C355BEE