Thread: Help Needed

AR Newbie Registered Member

Help Needed

Hi guys, i am trying to build a system from my Jamo Concert 8s and a sony ta-n90es amps. However so far i do feel that the sound seemed too bright. Can someone help me with some advice?

Quote Originally Posted by jamo8
    Hi guys, i am trying to build a system from my Jamo Concert 8s and a sony ta-n90es amps. However so far i do feel that the sound seemed too bright. Can someone help me with some advice?
    Hi,

What music do you like?
    You could try the following- Sugden A21,Musical Fidelity 3.2 or the latest Cyrus all will sound superb with your Jamo's just different presentation. From warm to dynamic.These are all SS with the Sugden coming closest to a Valve Sound. If you like Valve try the hybrid Unison Research Unico or the Prima Luna 2. The Prima Luna is hard to beat for an introduction to an all Tubeamp.
    Enjoy your search.

Peace

Bernd
    Last edited by Bernd; 01-07-2006 at 03:46 AM.
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks Bernd, however it seems jamo suits more to valve amps..would it help if i can find a pre-amp to tone down the sony? or with a suitable cd player?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Hi,

What music do you like?
    You could try the following- Sugden A21,Musical Fidelity 3.2 or the latest Cyrus all will sound superb with your Jamo's just different presentation. From warm to dynamic.These are all SS with the Sugden coming closest to a Valve Sound. If you like Valve try the hybrid Unison Research Unico or the Prima Luna 2. The Prima Luna is hard to beat for an introduction to an all Tubeamp.
    Enjoy your search.

Peace

Bernd

Quote Originally Posted by jamo8
    Thanks Bernd, however it seems jamo suits more to valve amps..would it help if i can find a pre-amp to tone down the sony? or with a suitable cd player?
    Hi,
    If it would be me, I would try and use the sony either in a part ex deal or try and sell it and get either the Prima Luna or the Unison Unico. The Sony will always be on the bright side and I think it would be wrong economy to buy a tube pre amp. However you can try and get a Prima Luna pre or a Jolida. There are several good brands on the market. But I would stick with the integrated route.

The power of music gives you wings

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Thread Information