Tuner Question

Printable View

• 03-16-2005, 02:40 PM
    MusicLG
    Tuner Question
    Anyone have experience with the Cambridge Audio T500 Tuner? I'm trying to select a reasonably-priced good unit to match with a Sim Audio Moon I-3 integrated amp. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
  • 03-16-2005, 03:52 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicLG
    Anyone have experience with the Cambridge Audio T500 Tuner? I'm trying to select a reasonably-priced good unit to match with a Sim Audio Moon I-3 integrated amp. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

No experience with the CA tuner, but we do have a CA integrated amp and cd player in the house and have been pleased overall. My son uses the tuner section (digital) of an early 90's NAD stereo receiver with his CA Azur 540 integrated amp. I don't think you can go wrong with the CA tuner or other tuners from NAD, etc. in this price range. CA's jog/shuttle dial is interesting to me because it can be used in two ways - to fine tune stations and to switch among presets, but I don't think it has a remote if that's important to you. Also, you can get the CA in black or silver for the same price. I've heard that the silver CAs with the blue display have a classy look. The black has a green display. But it's my impression that neither is easy to read from a distance or in a well-lit room. (That's the case with my CA cdp, which is black w/green display.)

You can get the CA from www.audioadvisor.com with a 30-day money back policy.

The only others I can think of in this price range are the NAD C422 and the Marantz ST6000. The Marantz lists for $299, comes with a remote and has been well-reviewed. If you can't audition the CA, NAD and Marantz, I don't think it would be a gamble to pull the trigger on the CA. You can go to ecoustics.com and read reviews of the CA, Marantz and others with this link (assuming it works):

http://search.ecoustics.com/Editoria...lpha-Name/All/