Thread: Sexy Nude Pics

Ajani

Sexy Nude Pics

For anyone who has ever wondered what Emotiva amps look like without the silver trim, here's the standard silver trim:

Now mine in all its semi-naked glory:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sexy Nude Pics-sdc10152-.jpg  
    Last edited by Ajani; 11-01-2010 at 06:56 AM.

OMG! How sexy.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

That's not even close to nude...

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Remember this a family site, so no full on nudity allowed

Suspended
    Wow, except for not having any real visible heat sinks, it looks a little like a Stratos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sexy Nude Pics-stratos.jpg  

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    Wow, except for not having any real visible heat sinks, it looks a little like a Stratos.
    Yes it does... I always liked the clean, simple look of the Stratos...

The Emo has the heat-sinks inside the casing (I think they would have looked nicer on the outside though)...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Yes it does... I always liked the clean, simple look of the Stratos...

The Emo has the heat-sinks inside the casing (I think they would have looked nicer on the outside though)...
    The Stratos has massive heat sinks but barely ever go over room temp. My Counterpoint could double as a food warmer in summer months.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    The Stratos has massive heat sinks but barely ever go over room temp. My Counterpoint could double as a food warmer in summer months.
    The Emo heat-sinks are large, but don't seem quite as massive as the Stratos... Fortunately, the amp runs cool... The last thing I need in this Jamaican heat is a food warmer in my stereo rack...

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Looks great Ajani. I've always thought of the silver trim as being a little too tacky looking on otherwise nice looking products.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen B
    Looks great Ajani. I've always thought of the silver trim as being a little too tacky looking on otherwise nice looking products.
    It actually looks much better in the flesh... ummm... metal, than in that pic... And the power button glowing dark blue, looks really nice as a contrast against the all black face of the amp...

Ajani
    Here's a slightly better pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sexy Nude Pics-sdc10155-.jpg  

I like it. I have always been a fan of a amp that has a understated look and just plain delivers the power without bringing attention to itself or causing a person to put extra air conditioning in their listening room to counteract the heat produced by their amps. The side plates on Emo amps really don't bother me that much but I could see some people wanting something more streamlined.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by harley .guy07
    I like it. I have always been a fan of a amp that has a understated look and just plain delivers the power without bringing attention to itself or causing a person to put extra air conditioning in their listening room to counteract the heat produced by their amps. The side plates on Emo amps really don't bother me that much but I could see some people wanting something more streamlined.
    I actually don't mind the silver trim, but I think the amp looks nicer without it...

However, the advantage of the trim is that you can use them, take them off, replace them with Black trim (Emo sells those for $5), paint them to any colour you like OR create custom wood trim to match your furniture (I've seen some sweet looking wood trim)...

Chicago IL
    I never had a chance to experience an Emotiva amp but they look so cool and I bet them will sound good. Maybe one day

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatabg
    I never had a chance to experience an Emotiva amp but they look so cool and I bet them will sound good. Maybe one day
    They are having a holiday sale on their entire line right now:

http://emotiva.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    They are having a holiday sale on their entire line right now:

http://emotiva.com/
    yeah I hope that they include reserving the xsp 1 preamp in this sale toward the end of the year since I really have my eyes on one since it seems to have everything I need and it is a upgrade to the usp 1 which I have already heard is a great unit.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    The best naked stuff is found here.

rw

I like the silver trim. With the blue back lit power button it keeps the amp from looking booring.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Hey Ajani, what's the speaker situation at this point? Revel's are on order? When are you expecting them? Man that Emo amp should crank those Revels, I woulod expect a good combo. Have you read about anyone using a similar combination?

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Hey Ajani, what's the speaker situation at this point? Revel's are on order? When are you expecting them? Man that Emo amp should crank those Revels, I woulod expect a good combo. Have you read about anyone using a similar combination?
    Same old Technics at the moment... I cancelled my Concerta order, cause the Performa line is being updated early next year... So I'm waiting on the replacement for the Performa M22 instead... My dealer will contact me when it's time to order....

Yes, I know a few guys on the Emo forums who love their Revel/Emo combos... Revel has a very neutral sound... Boring to some, but it has the advantage that you can pair it with anything sonically (as long as it can drive the particular model)

Meanwhile, I'm considering a DIY project or if I can find a deal on A'gon for something decent for the 2nd system...

EDIT: Just sent an e-mail inquiring about shipping for the Frugel Horn flat-pak... If it doesn't come up to something ridiculous, I'll probably opt to build one...

MORE EDIT: Got a reply, seems the FH flat-pak is out of stock while they beta test the new V3 & they suspect shipping to Jamaica may be expensive

So maybe I'll have to try just buying some drivers and making an open baffle design (that shouldn't be too challenging even for me) or try out the Axiom M3 V3...
    Last edited by Ajani; 11-03-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Thread Information