Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thoughts on old school versus new amps?

Suspended
    If you found an Adcom preamp that would be my choice, for sound and matching amp cosmetics. The Emotiva has some unique built in crossover features you might find interesting or useful.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    If you found an Adcom preamp that would be my choice, for sound and matching amp cosmetics. The Emotiva has some unique built in crossover features you might find interesting or useful.
    well i went with a adcom only because i got a deal i couldnt pass up
    adcom everything gfa 555 power amp pre amp and speaker selector and tuner for 550.00 bucks shipped to my door and mint as well

very clean not a scratch on anything couldnt pass up that deal the sap who sold it bought a cheap sony setup from best buy so he can do ipod stuff hates the sound of the sony thing but likes the features of high tech usb ports etc lol hmmmmmmmmmm now i can buy a rega turntable lol

Suspended
    Good deal, I think you'll be very happy with them. Be sure to let us know how you like them. I wish I knew you wanted a Rega I just sold my P3 with no cart pretty cheap just to not have to post it for sale

Forum Regular
    Good deal, I think you'll be very happy with them. Be sure to let us know how you like them. I wish I knew you wanted a Rega I just sold my P3 with no cart pretty cheap just to not have to post it for sale

i wouldve bought the coda but this deal i feel was to sweet to pass up

and i do want to work on a 40 to 60 watt tube setup in another room so

Suspended
    If you don't already have some quality interconnects to use between amp and preamp you might want to consider that, the Adcom is good enough you'd hear the difference in cables. If you don't and want something that is decent without breaking the bank check out Bluejeans Cables.

What's the budget on a tube amp? Tube watts are fairly expensive.

Forum Regular
    ok now i have adcom lol now i have noise issues with my turntable as this thing really thumps with most rock music the who pink floyd the wall and my table is a pioneer pl 560 heavy bastard too i had it rebuilt and upgraded some time ago maybe two years or so then i redid the cosmetics english walnut it is something to behold
    but this adcom thumping creates noise i actually want to move this turn table into my are where i have all my vinyl and laserdiscs what advice could i get on this would i need a phono amp in the other room?? was thinking on buying one because i also bought those parasound mono blocks lol i would have to run wires through my basement and drill holes in the hardwood floor from my vinyl and laserdisc room to my living room where the adcom dwells now lol

Suspended
    How do you like that Adcom stuff?

You could try isolating the turntable more from the floor vibrations.

Forum Regular
    How do you like that Adcom stuff?

You could try isolating the turntable more from the floor vibrations.

i did try that my speakers are too close i do know that to start

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information