Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Forum Regular
    Well, I'll try CL first as I'm not a subscripted member of audiogon yet. And if I can't get what I want for it, I'll just get another tube amp and set up yet another system. I just found a bad assed house to move in to with lots of room and won't have an ole lady telling me to turn it down when it's not even at 9 O'clock! I got all my tube stuff in my office so I won't "bother" anyone with the beautiful sound of my valve equipment!
    It's funny, my brother in law is kind of an audiophile type, and he auditioned my new set up and I asked him what he thought... He said "I think it is the nicest I have ever heard".
    When people come over, all the guys are in my office listening to my stereos and the women are in the house.... Typical I'm sure!
    I think that I may get another VTL st85 and run bi-amped as monos as I gather it sounds extremely good that way...
    VTL Pure Tube ST 85
    Audio Research model LS15
    VAC Model CLA-1 MK2
    McIntosh MC 250
    Mctintosh MX113
    Marantz 2245
    Marantz 2230
    Marantz 2216
    Pioneer SX-1250
    Klipsch KG4
    Klipsch RB-5
    B&W DM2000
    B&W DM580
    B&W ASW1000
    Infinity crescendo 3008
    4 Advent Heritage towers
    etc...

Forum Regular
    sorry about the double post... The server was trippin' and said it was busy and ended up posting twice....
    VTL Pure Tube ST 85
    VAC Model CLA-1 MK2
    McIntosh MC 250
    Mctintosh MX113
    Marantz 2245
    Marantz 2230
    Marantz 2216
    Pioneer SX-1250
    Klipsch KG4
    Klipsch RB-5
    B&W DM2000
    B&W DM580
    B&W ASW1000
    Infinity crescendo 3008
    4 Advent Heritage towers
    etc...

Forum Regular
    You know, I just plugged in the VAC pre amp, after not listening to the vac after getting the ARC LS15 (for about a month), and I was shocked! That VAC is sick! I think that I will have to sell the ARC...
    There is no comparison. The Vac is unbelievable. Crisper, more presence,more dynamics, I can hear everything. Rocking my Advent heritage towers, through my VTL st 85 and Jolida JD100 and listening to some Herbie Hancock. Shut my mouth... No comparison, and the tubes aren't even burned in yet! I'm in love! Wish you were here!
    ARC LS15 for $1500 if you know anyone.... That's what I paid, not looking to gain, just get my dough back for the move... In mint condition.
    VTL Pure Tube ST 85
    VAC Model CLA-1 MK2
    McIntosh MC 250
    Mctintosh MX113
    Marantz 2245
    Marantz 2230
    Marantz 2216
    Pioneer SX-1250
    Klipsch KG4
    Klipsch RB-5
    B&W DM2000
    B&W DM580
    B&W ASW1000
    Infinity crescendo 3008
    4 Advent Heritage towers
    etc...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Time View Post
    You know, I just plugged in the VAC pre amp, after not listening to the vac after getting the ARC LS15 (for about a month), and I was shocked! That VAC is sick! I think that I will have to sell the ARC...
    There is no comparison. The Vac is unbelievable. Crisper, more presence,more dynamics, I can hear everything. Rocking my Advent heritage towers, through my VTL st 85 and Jolida JD100 and listening to some Herbie Hancock. Shut my mouth... No comparison, and the tubes aren't even burned in yet! I'm in love! Wish you were here!
    ARC LS15 for $1500 if you know anyone.... That's what I paid, not looking to gain, just get my dough back for the move... In mint condition.
    I know this is an old post but it came up in a Google search for my VAC Pre.

That VAC is sick! Love that line and the fact that after living with the ARC for a while, it really shined when he dropped it back in the mix.

VAC makes incredible gear and unless you have had the chance to hear any of it, you have no idea what you are missing. I still don't care that I have to get up and change 2 volume controls since it is true dual mono.

I recently re-tubed mine with what VAC puts in the newer gear for wonderful results. I also use the Buffered Passive mode for lower level listening and greater volume control and looking to roll some 12AX7s. In the buffered mode, the AU7s are taken out of the circuit witch are the gain tubes in this unit and the signal goes only thru the AX7s.

I also re-tubed my Counterpoint Amp with Rectifiers and 6FQ7s from the early '60s. What an incredible difference that made with the old RCA Clear Tops.

It would be great to find out whatever Father Time ended up doing and keeping.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Father Time

Tripped across this thread....

Please update me on your experience with your VAC CLA II. I continue to enjoy mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information