Small Onkyo M504 problem

I have an Onkyo M504 Power amp. Some time ago one of the green lights (the left one) over the VDU meters packed up. It doesn't affect the performance of the amp, but I would like to get it burning again. Anyone any idea if this can be done by myself or is this a workshop job.

I read somewhere that these lights can be turned on and off but I can't find out where you can do this, I don't think this has anything to do with my particular problem but you never know.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Several internal pictures of electronics that I have seen show those lamps plugging into the circuit board. If that is the case with your Onkyo I think it would be an easy fix. Now if it would need to be soldered and the amp disassembled I think you would get into some expense with a service center. If it does not effect the amps perfromance I would not worry about it.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thanks for the reply JohnMichael but I think I will leave this thread on the board for a while longer and see if anyone knows for sure if the bulbs are plug in or soldered. I can't find anything on the web regarding an internal wiring diagram for the M504, but I will keep looking.

I've done this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by simmel
    Thanks for the reply JohnMichael but I think I will leave this thread on the board for a while longer and see if anyone knows for sure if the bulbs are plug in or soldered. I can't find anything on the web regarding an internal wiring diagram for the M504, but I will keep looking.
    They are soldered and it wasn't that hard to do. You can buy the lights direct from Onkyo cheaper than E-bay where someone sells them five at a time. If I remember right, there are two on each side but you don't notice until the second one burns out. Check the other side before you order.

Thanks for the info IBSTORMIN. One of these days I will get around to taking the covers off and having a look.
    Onkyo P304 M504 pre/power combo.
    Systemdek 2X2 turntable RB 300 Arm Origin live modified
    Denon CD player (to be upgraded as soon as I have more cash)
    Sonus Faber Minuetto Speakers Bi-wired on Sonus Faber stands (Brilliant)
    Kimber 4 TC speaker cable
    Cord Cobra 3 Interconnects.

Thread Information