• 12-28-2007, 08:06 PM
    SAPSEC
    Rotel RX 1052 Stereo Receiver - Stuck
    I would like to use Rotel RX 1052 for its wonderful sound. Unfortunately this receiver doesn't have a subwoofer output and I need to use a subwoofer. What should I do in this case ? Is there anyway I could use a subwoofer with RX 1052 ? If not feasible can you suggest other high-end ones which have subwoofer output and 100 watt capability ? Thanks
  • 12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
    Mr Peabody
    If you have preamp outputs you could Y off with one side to the sub and the other back into the receiver. Not as good, use the B speaker terminal to hook to the sub and use line level.
  • 12-28-2007, 11:45 PM
    blackraven
    Why cant you hook up your sub to the speaker out terminals as most subs can do this and use the subs internal crossovers.
  • 12-29-2007, 06:12 AM
    jrhymeammo
    No need for a different integrated amp.

http://www.rotel.com/content/manuals/rx1052.pdf
    Page 5, Item# 30.
  • 12-29-2007, 06:36 AM
    anamorphic96
    As stated above. Use the pre-outs. Or use the speaker level inputs on the sub and use its crossovers.

It's also kinda shocking that you have not talked with your dealer in regards to your issue. Don't you mention these things to him when your looking and listening.
  • 01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
    SAPSEC
    I just talked to Rotel tech support and he told that RX 1052 2008 model
    (version 4) has the preout RCA and this could be connected to RCA input of subwoofer. So I could resolve my problem. Thank you guys.
  • 01-17-2008, 05:55 AM
    joseph Ngo
    Hello guys! i'd like to apologize because i'm basically french speaking,so my english may be somehow very bad! i've purchased the Bose 901seriesVI speakers.Can anyone advise me a suitable stereo amp.for it, since getting started whit it requires specific connections due to the active equalizer?? Thanks for your kindness! I'm from Cameroon, central Africa.
  • 01-17-2008, 07:26 AM
    Feanor
    So you're a new guy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joseph Ngo
    Hello guys! i'd like to apologize because i'm basically french speaking,so my english may be somehow very bad! i've purchased the Bose 901seriesVI speakers.Can anyone advise me a suitable stereo amp.for it, since getting started whit it requires specific connections due to the active equalizer?? Thanks for your kindness! I'm from Cameroon, central Africa.

Welcome to AR, Joesph. You're either new or a troll. You need to be aware that Bose speakers are considered a joke by all serious audiophiles for a variety of reasons. For example, conceptually bad design and cheap components that can't justify Bose' prices.

Oh, well. As for an amplier, I'd suggest a powerful, high-current amp because of the proportional bass-boost that the Bose design requires.