Rotel RB 981 vs NAD 214

Printable View

• 12-28-2005, 02:38 PM
    trener1
    Rotel RB 981 vs NAD 214
    Hi All,

This is my first time on here, I am looking to get my first Amp, and I am looking at a couple of used ones.
    I don't really know anything about Amps so I am hoping to get some feedback.

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations of one over the other?
  • 01-04-2006, 10:51 AM
    adam01k
    I have used an NAD 216 THX for years and have been thrilled with it. I am using a Rotel 1027 CD player, NAD 114 pre-amp and a pair of Mission 783s. I put this system together on a budget over the years and couldnt be happier.
    The 216 packs a lot of punch and produces a nice, accurate soundstage for the money. I dropped some cash on cables and interconnnects over the years, (currently using Audioquest Slate).
    Bottom line is, the NAD 216 has been real nice for me. I've auditioned some more expensive products and havent been happy with anything else.
    I am currently considering the NAD Silver Series power amp as a replacement, but havent decided yet.
  • 01-05-2006, 03:54 AM
    accastil
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adam01k
    I have used an NAD 216 THX for years and have been thrilled with it. I am using a Rotel 1027 CD player, NAD 114 pre-amp and a pair of Mission 783s. I put this system together on a budget over the years and couldnt be happier.
    The 216 packs a lot of punch and produces a nice, accurate soundstage for the money. I dropped some cash on cables and interconnnects over the years, (currently using Audioquest Slate).
    Bottom line is, the NAD 216 has been real nice for me. I've auditioned some more expensive products and havent been happy with anything else.
    I am currently considering the NAD Silver Series power amp as a replacement, but havent decided yet.

hi adam, no offense meant here..ive had a chance to listen at a NAD last weekend at a store and i was wondering why a lot of people say its good. maybe the connections are wrong or could it be that the display set up unit is defective. after auditioning a lot of power amps, i bought the rotel rb-03. this one sounds balanced, clean, clear and detailed. give it a shot..maybe youll like it too. take note note also of its review ratings :)
  • 01-11-2006, 05:44 PM
    psonic
    NAD is up and down depending on the Model. Rotel is consistently good, from the ones I've heard. I used to own the RB981 - it can hold its own against much more expensive amplifiers. I also like B&K a lot in that price range. That said, that Rotel is a great amp for the money...