Thread: Rotel

Rotel

Does anyone have any information or opinions about the Rotel RC-9808 preamp?
    I can't find much information on it online. It's black faced and has no independent bass and treble adjustments, just volume. It also has a phono stage.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enochrome
    I can't find much information on it online. It's black faced and has no independent bass and treble adjustments, just volume. It also has a phono stage.

Check out this link from the Rotel site. You can look up the equipment manual and specs.

http://www.rotel.com/NA/Support/Manuals.htm
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Dont know about that one, but you have describe my RC 1090. Great preamp. IF you cant find the one you want, take a look as the 1090.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Frenchmon,

How do you like the 2M Red?

Frenchmon,

How do you like the 2M Red?
    Its starting to smooth out a bit. The sibilance is about gone. Its very detailed. Not as warm as the Goldring, and not as bright as the OMB-10, but I don't remember the Goldring as detailed. I'm wondering about Goldrings better carts though. The 2M Red is a lively cart. I like it. This table being a budget table and the 2M Red being a budget cat have given me the up-gradeitis already but I have to control myself and wait. I made a mistake and said something to the missus about upgrading my table and she interpreted that as not liking the gift of the table she gave to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Nice.

Yeah, fighting upgraditis is tough. I think your set up is more than budget. I feel that buying sleeper product that out does its price-point is a so much more gratifying than just throwing down a lot of cash. Maybe a different cart will do it; it did for me when matched my Grado with my budget Dual 505-3, and I don't feel the need to upgrade because I love its unique character.

Happy listening

Correction on the preamp.

It is a Rotel RC 980BX: the guy gave me the wrong number.

He might sell it to me for $70.00. Any knowledge of this or the deal factor?

Always appreciated.

Correction on the preamp.

It is a Rotel RC 980BX: the guy gave me the wrong number.

He might sell it to me for $70.00. Any knowledge of this or the deal factor?

Always appreciated.
    You might want to ask the guys over at Club Rotel.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=20

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Eno, did you see the Pioneer I picked up for free?!?

Pioneer SX-650

Thread Information