• 03-12-2008, 07:40 PM
    SteveDaBum
    Research tools for Pre/Pro
    Hello,

I am currently looking to upgrade my current preamp (Lexicon DC-1) to something that can handle all of my current video needs. I have found the DC-1 to be a great sounding preamp, but recently upgraded a bunch of accessories (PS3, XBox 360, Wii) and need a preamp that can handle all of the HDMI inputs.

My question - I don't know where to start. It seems that I can find lots of specific information about specific preamps, but I need a broad list to start with. I haven't been able to find a good tool that will tell me which preamps have the features I am looking for. Are there any tools out there that can give me a good list of pre/pros to look into for more indepth research?

My current setup -
    Lexicon DC-1 (to be upgraded)
    Rotel 1075 amp
    B&W 805 speakers

I am looking to find a pre/pro that can handle my many video inputs AND provides high quality sound. I listened to an Anthem Statement D2 and found the audio quality lacking.

I currently use the system for video games (50%), home theater (40%) and music (10%)

Thank you for any advice you can offer.
  • 03-12-2008, 08:10 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Good luck, if you find it let us all know :)

I know the Onkyo Pro 885 or it's similar family member Integra RTC 9.8 will do your job. Not yet on the street but coming soon is the Marantz AV8003 which should as well. Other than these I don't know of anything else that is up to date or a separate component, not that they don't exist, just not on my radar yet. Maybe we can make your post the tool..
  • 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM
    OzzieAudiophile
    Hello, what about the Yamaha Z11 ?

I believe it will have ALL of the HDMI inputs you'll need, at least 5 ins from the back
    panel.

It's 11.1 surround.

It's around the 8K range (that's in Australian dollars), so no idea what price it is elsewhere.

140W per channel. Take a look at the other specs.