Audio Enthusiast

Receiver & Speakers

Should I choose the speakers having approximately same or less watts than the watt output a receiver can handle ? How do you calculate when connecting 2 pairs of speakers simultaneously ?

I am using Rotel RX 1052 (rated 100w/channel) driving 2 pairs of speakers simultaneously (using A & B speakers at same time): first pair Monitor Audio GS10 (rated 100w/8 ohms) second pair Monitor Audio Radius 90 (rated 60w/8ohms). Do you guys think RX 1052 can handle 2 above pairs of speakers (I listen at average/low level) ? Do I need a power amp in this case ? Thanks

SAPSEC,

You picked some great speakers in the GS10. I own the GR60s. Bloody giant killers. Your Rotel should definitely handle both simultaneously. But, why would you need to drive both for the front channels? Problems with phasing will occur and the sound will lose coherency. Unless you can set accurate corssover points for each driver, I'm afraid you might be disappointed with the results. The GS10 should do a grand job for the front channels on its own.

Audio Enthusiast
    I use GS10 in main living room and pair of Radius 90 in a separate closed dining room.

Thread Information