Receiver/Amp question

Printable View

• 01-09-2004, 10:18 AM
    Nesta
    Receiver/Amp question
    I will be picking up a set of Vienna Acoustics Mozart speakers with the Theatro center this Saturday. Currently, I have the Denon 1803 receiver. I felt that the speakers sounded good on this receiver at the shop but was curious what they could sound like with a better receiver. I listened to the Denon 3803 and was very unimpressed....they sounded flat and muddled with no bass at all. I watch more movies then listening to music. If I wanted to upgrade what would anybody reccommend for a receiver?? Can I add a 2 channel amp for music and keep the Denon for HT. I believe my receiver has a zone 2 out to connect to an amp.....but then I would have to switch cables to have the right amp hooked up between music and HT. Any thoughts??? Also, unfortunately, I need to buy something that they sell at Tweeter as I have a substantial store credit there. Thanks
  • 01-11-2004, 10:11 AM
    Geoffcin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nesta
    Can I add a 2 channel amp for music and keep the Denon for HT. Any thoughts??? Also, unfortunately, I need to buy something that they sell at Tweeter as I have a substantial store credit there. Thanks

That's exactly what I would do. Once the amp is on the loop and the reciever properely configured you shouldnt have to switch any cables either.
  • 01-11-2004, 10:33 PM
    mtrycraft
    I will be picking up a set of Vienna Acoustics Mozart speakers with the Theatro center this Saturday. Currently, I have the Denon 1803 receiver. I felt that the speakers sounded good on this receiver at the shop but was curious what they could sound like with a better receiver.

Better in what respect? Are those speakers especially difficult to drive? Insensitive? Difficult imedance load? If not, you should not have t0o expect anything different from others.

I listened to the Denon 3803 and was very unimpressed....they sounded flat and muddled with no bass at all.

That is hard to believe. Maybe there is something wrong with that receiver, broken? Or the comparison had flaws and weaknesses?