REALLY good buy on PS Audio PCA2/HCA2 combo

Ok, I admit that in a way this kind of chaps my hide. But hey, whattya gonna do? I'm not mad at all that I could've got a $2K preamp for only $800 if I would have waited.
    Nope.

Not at all.

Not even a smidgen.

Retail is normally $3,700 for this combo.

http://audioadvisor.com/store/produc...bute_2=Without

Don't mean to be shilling for them, and really, all you guys already know my bias towards the HCA2 anyway. Regarding the PCA2, I can only say that after using a PSA 4.6 pre for 15 years, Paul knows how to design a pre-amp. Selling that preamp btw, is a title contender on my personal Dumbest Things I've Ever Done list. Surpassed only by selling my Zildjian K series cymbals (how the hell was I suppossed to know they'd appreciate in value?!)

Forum Regular
    now when you say "dont mean to be a shilling..." is that at all similar to when i visit a car dealership and the guy there says "dont mean to sound like im giving a salepitch..." lol
    i didnt know you were a drummer tops? or just a rare artifact collector that doenst truely know the value of such rare collected artifacts until after such artifact has been disposed of?"
    ive never heard anything by PSaudio, but i remember you saying once that the amps are digital? i think thats right. either way, that is a good deal. man i wish money did grow on the pine trees in my backyard. instead i have year round acorns.

Quote Originally Posted by nusiclover
    i didnt know you were a drummer tops? or just a rare artifact collector that doenst truely know the value of such rare collected artifacts until after such artifact has been disposed of?"
    ive never heard anything by PSaudio, but i remember you saying once that the amps are digital? i think thats right. either way, that is a good deal. man i wish money did grow on the pine trees in my backyard. instead i have year round acorns.
    Yep, been a drummer/percussionist for over 30 years (geez, I'm gettin' old). Do you play? If you do, you know nothing relieves tension like working up a good sweat pounding away on the kit. The only trouble is now my kids want kits of their own! Where am I going to put all this stuff??

Forum Regular
    wait until your kids want b&w or von schweikert systems of their own

For sure, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Ok, I admit that in a way this kind of chaps my hide. But hey, whattya gonna do? I'm not mad at all that I could've got a $2K preamp for only $800 if I would have waited.
    Nope.
    Had I waited, I might have been tempted versus the Bel Canto eVo 2i I bought. Mind you, I'm pretty happy with the latter and I paid only about US$2300 for it.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Well this really sucks....

[QUOTE=topspeed]
    Retail is normally $3,700 for this combo.

http://audioadvisor.com/store/produc...bute_2=Without
    [QUOTE]

I go out and spend all my free $$$ on a convert, and a deal like this comes along! This sale is actually LESS than I've seen this combo go for used on AudiogoN. Things must be really hurting in the high-end audio economy.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Topspeed; Advise requested!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Yep, been a drummer/percussionist for over 30 years (geez, I'm gettin' old). Do you play? If you do, you know nothing relieves tension like working up a good sweat pounding away on the kit. The only trouble is now my kids want kits of their own! Where am I going to put all this stuff??
    My daughter has picked up the guitar in a big way, and I'm looking for a good set of electronic drum pads so I can be part of the band. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just something well built. Any reccomendations?
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Yamaha seems to make the best electronic drums (their acoustic kits ain't too shabby either) right now. You can either get an electronic kit or a drum pad, depending on how involved you want to get. Check these out:
    http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/...P%253D,00.html

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    My daughter has picked up the guitar in a big way, and I'm looking for a good set of electronic drum pads so I can be part of the band. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just something well built. Any reccomendations?
    Check out Roland's stuff, too. Their soundsets are great, and the mesh heads are amazing.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/category.asp?CatID=5
    "Reality supercedes science."
    -- badman, 9/3/02, AudioAsylum.com

Thread Information