Forum Regular

Question which Amp to buy

Im new to this site and im setting up a basic HT system, Have decided to go with a pardigm setup based on value and reviews here. My room limitations are requireing me to power my ADP 170 surrounds with a seperate amp thats all this amp wil be used for i have a denon 2106 to power the other speakers. Just want the best value without giving up sound quality thanks you comments are appreciated

golden ear
    nice but reasonably priced amps are rotel, adcom, nad, outlaw. have a listen and decide which one suits your taste coz they have different sonic characteristics.

Suspended
    You can also add Anthem, B&K and Audio Refinement. www.spearitsound.com is blowing out some Audio Refinement, new gear. Click on "used, demo&special" link.

Not sure what you use your surrounds for, but if it's just for movies and tv where the audio info is ambient or effects, then yeah, I wouldn't break the bank on it and I think Adcom is often referred to as a good budget amp. I'd only do some serious shopping if you're going to listen to multichannel music such as DVD-A or SACDs.

Try Behringer or Audio Source they both make inexpensive power amps that are not cheap.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by darth2222
    Im new to this site and im setting up a basic HT system, Have decided to go with a pardigm setup based on value and reviews here. My room limitations are requireing me to power my ADP 170 surrounds with a seperate amp thats all this amp wil be used for i have a denon 2106 to power the other speakers. Just want the best value without giving up sound quality thanks you comments are appreciated
    Here ya go
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHA500
    Why can't you use the surround amps in the Denon?

Adding an amp improved the listening experience in my system in speaker performance
    and was the best investment so far. It is a ebay item, and was not cheap, but was
    had at a very good price, Keep an eye on the used market and a better quality unit,
    The sound quality is worth the money. I tested a few low end amps (gemsound)
    and decided to get a good unit that will last. Good Luck.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    Sunfire Signature "True Sub"
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ85U
    Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu-ray Player
    Power Protection/Filters-Monster HTS 5100 MKII
    Canare Interconnects

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 46minaudio
    Here ya go
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHA500
    Why can't you use the surround amps in the Denon?

I dont have an easy way to run wires to it so i have to use a accurian wireless reciever and hook up the other amp to it and keep them in the back of the room away from the denon. i got this idea from a review who mentioned he had problems with running wires. I know theres other ways to run them by useing sheet rock to cover them up and using trim but im not to good at that sort of thing so to me this would be easier option oviously not better but something at least I can do

Thread Information