• 07-23-2004, 08:36 PM
    jeffnellen
    Question about Macintosh MC-2205
    Hi,

I am new to this and I have a question that someone might answer. I bought a new house and the old owners left a perfect condition working Macintosh MC-2205 with some other equitment. I have no use for it (I have enough personal equitment I brought with me) and I know it is valuable and would like to sell it. Could anyone give me the approx value and the best way to sell it without resorting to E-bay.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Jeff
  • 07-25-2004, 09:30 AM
    Dusty Chalk
    MSRP was US$1649. Expect to get about half of that, perhaps more since it's McIntosh. eBay is, indeed, the best way to get the most for it, but since this is audioreview, you could advertise it here or at Audiogon, or at audioasylum (or all three at the same time).
  • 02-25-2005, 10:06 AM
    marinoji
    Nice find
    :) They left you a jewel. I agree- E-bay is still the safest way and usually those liusted on Audiogon are also posted in e-bay. I've had three 2205s. I removed the front cheap looking plastic bezel. Ive replaced the glass on two- Its a bit heavy. But I dont fit in a Ferrari either- but they never loose there value- I trade often. Go to audio classics- thay are asking around 1500 for pefect ones checked out and guanteed. Mac is sensitive to their equiptment being traded. If you real smart - youll keep it and chances are- your grand kids will be using it with vintage LPs - axis bold as love doesnt sound the same on say a carver or krell- MAC was built for submarines- I grew up In Binghamton and have traded them for 30 years... never go wrong.
  • 02-25-2005, 06:33 PM
    Geoffcin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnellen
    Hi,

I am new to this and I have a question that someone might answer. I bought a new house and the old owners left a perfect condition working Macintosh MC-2205 with some other equitment. I have no use for it (I have enough personal equitment I brought with me) and I know it is valuable and would like to sell it. Could anyone give me the approx value and the best way to sell it without resorting to E-bay.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Nice score! You should try Audiogon.com. It's a dedicated site for selling audio equipment. I've used it and it works great.