Forum Regular

Quad 303 / 33 ????

I am looking at a thrift auction (no, I'm not gonna tell) for a Quad 303 amp / 33 controller.

Obviously, people know what these are worth. The price will go up, but probably end up around the $100.00 range. A good deal. Do I really need one of these? Are they THAT good to justify 1960's solid state technology? I know fans swear by them. I wonder if they are for me. I usually cut it off at the late 70's and prefer polished aluminum. ????????.

How much would you bid? Untested: Missing power cords that I could no doubt replace easy enough.

I'm thinking these may go well with Vandersteen.........

Please advise.

Thanks,

GSD

Forum Regular
    The matching Quad FM and AM tuner has also been added to this website. If this stuff works, it would be an excellent deal for someone.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I had a Quad 33/303 for many years. It was a very dependable and enjoyable amplifier. I eventually replaced it with a Linn amp which was slightly better. The modern mid/high amps are better still - Rotel is about the lowest entry point that would surpass the Quad on clarity.

You should be able to pick up the Quad for less than $200. Check that it comes with the removable (reversible) phono input board.

Forum Regular
    the amp's much better than the pre-amp.

Thread Information