AR Newbie Registered Member

product recomendation

since i am "nu2this", any advice would be appreciated. i'm currently using the NAD C320BEE for my amp. i'm considering increasing the Wpc. the products i'm looking at are the NAD C262/C162 or Parasound A23/P3 combinations. but also the NAD C372.
    my speakers are monitor audio RS6's and i'm using an integra CDC 3.4 cd player. i want to keep this system strictly for music. i've got a seperate surround system for movies/tv.
    any thoughts on this would help.

thanks - tom

the parasound should be an exellent choice, however, also look at other stuff, like primare, or rotel. how big is your budget?

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

If it was...

Quote Originally Posted by nu2this
    since i am "nu2this", any advice would be appreciated. i'm currently using the NAD C320BEE for my amp. i'm considering increasing the Wpc. the products i'm looking at are the NAD C262/C162 or Parasound A23/P3 combinations. but also the NAD C372.
    my speakers are monitor audio RS6's and i'm using an integra CDC 3.4 cd player. i want to keep this system strictly for music. i've got a seperate surround system for movies/tv.

thanks - tom
    ...me, I'd opt for separates rather than the integrated and for the Halo/Parasound over the NAD...Keep in mind it takes ten times the power to sound twice as loud, so while there will be a diff vis a' vis your current 50Wpc to the 125 per w/ the Halo or the 150 with the NAD, it will only result in a few (4-6) dB increase. The power difference between the two candidates themselves will be marginal at best and my gut says the Halo will be the stronger unit...

jimHJJ(...just my 2 cents...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Just some thoughts

thanks - tom
    The Parasound A23/P3 combo will run you a bit more than the C262/C172 combo but my guess is it would be better. Or here's an integrated option that I would also consider: PS Audio Trio C-100 ...
    http://www.psaudio.com/products/trio_c100.asp

My bet is it's better than than the NAD or Parasound. Disclaimer: I haven't had a lot of listening experience with any of these specifc units.

nightflier

Need more info...

any thoughts on this would help. thanks - tom
    I suppose the first question is what do you want to achieve? Also, what is your budget? What kind of room is your system in?

Thanks for the input. It would appear the Parasound A23/P3 is the better choice from your experience. Since I have not auditioned the products I listed, I found your responses interesting. I have read numerous reviews for these products and it always seemed to me that folks who like NAD products, REALLY like NAD products and seldom listed any weakness. By the same token, the Parasound reviews always seemed to listed some limitation.
    I realize I should listen to all products to see what sounds best to me but I tend to be a little to compulsive. In addition, since I like the C320BEE I figured NAD would be a good choice.

As far as my goal, I'm hoping the additional power will enhance the sound of my RS6's. My listening room is medium size, about 20' x 28' and my budget is around $1200USD.

gotta go, but again thaks.

the nad is completely different than the parasound, but trust me, you'll be happier with the parasound than the nads...
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

bert - i do appreciate your input. based on your advice and the other comments i recieved, the parasound is what i'm leaning toward. i'm just waiting to get a price from a friend. i'm curious though as to your last comment. what do you see as the biggest differences between NAD and Parasound? is it sound quality? product quality? aesthetics? - just curious.

thanks - tom

How about a pair of used NuForce Reference 9 and tell us about it? No? Com'on!!!

Thread Information