cub
    AR Newbie Registered Member

Unhappy Problem with Pioneer Receiver Setup

I've just bought a Pioneer VSX-D711 A/V Receiver to add into my system. I have component video from DVD player to receiver, S-video connection from sattelite box to receiver and S-video connection from receiver to TV. Somehow, I can only see video signals from sattelite through the receiver to TV. I cannot manage to get the video signal from DVD player through the receiver to TV . I did set the component-1 on the receiver for DVD player. If I hook up the component connection directly from the DVD player to the TV, it works just fine. Please help! My equipment list is in my profile.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Lucas

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cub
    I've just bought a Pioneer VSX-D711 A/V Receiver to add into my system. I have component video from DVD player to receiver, S-video connection from sattelite box to receiver and S-video connection from receiver to TV. Somehow, I can only see video signals from sattelite through the receiver to TV. I cannot manage to get the video signal from DVD player through the receiver to TV . I did set the component-1 on the receiver for DVD player. If I hook up the component connection directly from the DVD player to the TV, it works just fine. Please help! My equipment list is in my profile.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Lucas
    Hi Lucas,

I have a similar receiver, the Pioneer VSX-811S in a bedroom system. The problem is that you can only send Component Video IN to the Component Video OUT through the receiver. It will not send the component video IN through the S cable OUT. You need another set of component cables from the receiver to the TV, or it's better to just hook the DVD player directly into the TV, as that is by far the most direct route.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Thread Information